Name great rock song with NO distortion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can I get away with "Marquee Moon"? I'm sure there's just a little bit of valve amp grit on there, but not much...

By that token, you could also choose any Beatles song prior to about 1965
:thu:

+1 for Marquee Moon, in fact that whole album is amazing.

One song I'd like to point out is "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones. There's barely any guitar at all on the song, except for the solos. The song is driven by Nicky Hopkins piano, Keiths Richards bass and that guy Rocky on congas, the song really rocks none the less.

• Members

Can I get away with "Marquee Moon"? I'm sure there's just a little bit of valve amp grit on there, but not much...

By that token, you could also choose any Beatles song prior to about 1965
:thu:

I know the Beatles did rock - Get Back, Helter Skelter etc...any of these before '65?

• Members

If "Shine on" is clean I concede:thu:

Seeing as he recorded it direct to desk (admitedly valve), I'd say it was clean. The most distorted it gets is the F (or is it F#?) chords during the intro.

• Members

I know the Beatles did rock - Get Back, Helter Skelter etc...any of these before '65?

Nope. Released in 1970 and 1968 respectively. We're talking about things like A Hard Days Night, Please Please Me, I Want To Hold Your Hand....

Not rock in the :rawk: sense, but rock nonetheless.

• Members

Nope. Released in 1970 and 1968 respectively. We're talking about things like A Hard Days Night, Please Please Me, I Want To Hold Your Hand....

Not rock in the
:rawk:
sense, but rock nonetheless.

rock in the :rawk: sense is the rock that everyone is bored of

Archived