Strings & Picks. What are you guys using?

johnrambo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

d'addario 10-46

dunlop green tortex .88mm

seems pretty common here

as long as they are medium and bright picks.....the pick monster is related to the sock monster and they always come up missing. there is probably some black hole these go into.

• Members

as long as they are medium and bright picks.....the pick monster is related to the sock monster and they always come up missing. there is probably some black hole these go into.

hihi, thats why i have more than 20 picks lieing around here, and all the same :)

I've got a bunch of different styles and gauges of picks around. My usual picks are the yellow Dunlop Tortex, although I also use the red Tortex for acoustic strumming, and occasionally the green and purple on electric and bass. But the yellow ones are my "go to" picks. I also occasionally use a felt pick on bass, or just my fingers.

For my Rogue Violin bass, I use Rotosound Jazz 77 flatwounds (40/60/80/100). On my Ibanez SR1100, I use Elixir roundwounds. On my electrics and acoustics, I also use Elixir nanowebs. 10-46 on the electrics, 12-53 on the acoustics.

• Members

On most of my guitars I use Ernie Ball Power Slinkys and sometimes Beefy Slinkys. On my archtops I usually use D'Addario Chromes .12 sets or D'Addario jazz strings. My picks are usually Dunlop Jazz IIIs though I use pretty much any small somewhat heavy pick I can find.

• Members

i also discovered a cool little product while at the store today. dunlop makes these little plastic strap locks that work like a charm and cost about $1.50 a piece. there was a little bin of them right next to the pick holders but i never paid attention to what they were before.

I only use those on my guitars...I hate the big metal straplocks.

I use custom x heavy pics and 11 gauge D'addario or Ernie Balls. I can't use anything lighter, it doesn't feel right.

i also discovered a cool little product while at the store today. dunlop makes these little plastic strap locks that work like a charm and cost about $1.50 a piece. there was a little bin of them right next to the pick holders but i never paid attention to what they were before.

I've got straplocks on several of my guitars, but I use those on a few of the other ones - they really do work well.

Archived