Strings & Picks. What are you guys using?

johnrambo

• Members

my standards are the green dunlop tortex .88mm picks and regular slinkys. i bought a set of those elixir nanoweb 11's today to try out because my hands sweat so much playing in the summer that i wear out strings way too fast.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use the exact same picks. The green ones, right?

Right now, Im using RotoReds 11s. Not sure how I feel about them.

My last set was DR "Pure Blues" pure nickel 10s, and at first, I HATED them. But they sounded and played amazing after about 8-10 days. I guess it just took that long to break them in, which is unusual for me. Usually, I can have a set broken in after about 3-4 days.

• Members

i also discovered a cool little product while at the store today. dunlop makes these little plastic strap locks that work like a charm and cost about $1.50 a piece. there was a little bin of them right next to the pick holders but i never paid attention to what they were before.

• Members

I use 10's on everything. Both D'Addarios, or Gibson Special Humbucker strings on all my Gibsons, and Fender Super Bullets on my Strats.

For picks I use three corner Fender or Gibson Thins - the large ones - so in case I crack a point in the middle of a lead, I can rotate around to the next one and not miss a note :cool:

:wave:

Archived