The DR. Z AMP LOUNGE!!

fuzzface71

• Members
my cab is a Dr Z 2*10 with the Dr Z special designed speakers (which correct me if I am wrong are made by or with Weber???) either way, they sound great....

I wonder too, who makes his "Z Designed" speakers. :confused:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried to find the info on his site but its gone.
i think I remember him saying that weber just built them to his specs.
I know that doesn't help much but you can most likly find out more on the Z forum.

OOPS!WHATS THIS???:eek:
ezg50.jpg
"My spin on the blackface reverb head that never was" -Dr.Z

• Members
Gassing to sell my combo for a maz sr head.

Be prepared to buy an attenuator..............those MAZ Seniors are hella loud when pushed. It boils down to, do you want an amp with useable volume with nice warmth/drive or clean amp and add pedals?

I don't know what your PA situation happens to be either.

:cool:

• Members

Be prepared to buy an attenuator..............those MAZ Seniors are hella loud when pushed. It boils down to, do you want an amp with useable volume with nice warmth/drive or clean amp and add pedals?

I like my amps pouring out the pure warm clean tone, and then slamming it hard with a nice dirt pedal. :)

And 2/3 times my amp is being mic'd for a show.

• Members

The amp has a master volume. You can play with that, and the regular volume to get a crank sound in lower volume.

• Members

ehhh...

i have a SR. and as long as I keep the master on the low side, I get some pretty nice cleans with hardly no breakup at bedroom volumes.

• Members
The amp has a master volume. You can play with that, and the regular volume to get a crank sound in lower volume.

I know it has a master volume, I had one for two years. When I said pushed, I meant both volumes up (not all the way but close) TUBES GLOWING. The amp takes on a character which is awesome, but has to be tamed a bit to stay near it.

Throw a boost and great fuzz in the mix and it can pretty hairy.

:)

• Members

I know it has a master volume, I had one for two years. When I said pushed, I meant both volumes up (not all the way but close) TUBES GLOWING. The amp takes on a character which is awesome, but has to be tamed a bit to stay near it.

Throw a boost and great fuzz in the mix and it can pretty hairy.

:)

That actually sounds scary. Never tried that myself. Well, I don't have a place to do that right now. That would be really cool to hear though.

• Members

bump. Can anyone tell me how the cleans are on a maz jr.? Playing at practice levels with a full band, could you keep the amp clean or does it start to break up?

Ello!

They can break up if you want.

But you can keep em clean as well. Its really loud. Its about 22w pushing it with the master cranked all the way

I have a princeton which is what... 12w. And the maz jr which is 18w. The maz destroys the princeton. The princeton max'd is about the maz's master turned not even half way.

• Members
Ello!

They can break up if you want.

But you can keep em clean as well. Its really loud. Its about 22w pushing it with the master cranked all the way

I have a princeton which is what... 12w. And the maz jr which is 18w. The maz destroys the princeton. The princeton max'd is about the maz's master turned not even half way.

nice to know!:thu: Thanks man. I just found this thread. Are you still thinking about getting rid of the maz jr.??!!! NOO WAAYYY.lol.

• Members

I went and played a 1x12 one today and it sounds great. A very different clean than my twin. I still love the sparkle and reverb of the old silverfaces and blackfaces though...The main thing thats making me want a maz is the fact that it has a great clean as well, but can also be pushed better, and its much much more light and compact. I dont' know...

• 7 months later...

Archived