The DR. Z AMP LOUNGE!!

fuzzface71

• Members

A month ago I finally got my Maz 38 with 2X10's. And I'm really pleased and happy and IMO, I finally found a perfect replacement for my old Vox AC30 and my recent Fender Deluxe Reverb (not enough bottom end for me).

I know that, there are a few guys in here that owns one or two. I still remember when forumite "StoneyStomp" gave me the GAS with his red tolex Z around two years ago.

So, let's make this thread the ultimate guide for our favorite amp. Let's talk about anything and everything ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

:thu::thu::love:

DSCN0910.JPG

gear.jpg

drzmaz38com.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha......

never got into boutique amps because of service reasons. If it breaks I can wait a month for fulltone to repair my wah. If it is an amp it ain't like that.

I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Z. I need to get a smaller amp for small club gigging.

How much was that thing?

• Members

Ahhhhh.....I want one SO bad. My buddy owns a store that is the sole UK distributor of Z's. Every time I go in there he plugs me into a Maz 38 head and I just cant stop playing. It seems to make you a better player. Shame they're really expensive over here, they just make every other amp sound inferior.

• Members

Peach Guitars. Out near Braintree in Essex, definitely worth the drive. Amazing store, without doubt one of the best 3 ive been to in the UK. Loads of nice Gibson, Fender, PRS, Gretch, Dean...Mesa Boogie, Orange, LOADS of Dr Z... The dude that runs it John is about 24 and safe as houses. He's up for some great deals.

• Members

Anyone ever seen one with Chicken-Head knobs? My Maz Jr has cream CH knobs on it. I've never seen another like this... also the head cabinet is shaped a little differently... less square, more round. I have pics somewhere...

I used to see a few with the chicken head knobs before. It's easy to get those knobs if you really want them.

• Members

I used to see a few with the chicken head knobs before. It's easy to get those knobs if you really want them.

Not really concerned about the knobs now. I looked at the chassis and saw the Z logo on it so I'm OK with it but in the beginning I got worried that I had bought a fake or something. The knobs in conjunction with the different head cabinet scared me for a second...

• Members

Peach Guitars. Out near Braintree in Essex, definitely worth the drive. Amazing store, without doubt one of the best 3 ive been to in the UK. Loads of nice Gibson, Fender, PRS, Gretch, Dean...Mesa Boogie, Orange, LOADS of Dr Z... The dude that runs it John is about 24 and safe as houses. He's up for some great deals.

Nearly 2 hours away from me - I'm the other side of London:cry:

• Members

Where abouts are you? It's definitely worth the trip dude. I'm just lucky because I live in East London but grew up in the North-East Essex burbs. My uncle lives literally 10 minutes from the store. He's a guitar freak too, and it's cost him a lot of money being so close to that goldmine.

• Members
I don't have a pic of my MAZ 18 JR. I'll have to fix that, soon.

Here's the other ones.

Carmen Ghia with 1x12 JDesign cab with Weber Silver Bell.

DSCF0150.jpg

And the SRZ 65 -LTD with Z-Best cab.

DSCF0159.jpg

:)

Can you take a picture of your Z Best cab with a guitar next to it so I can get a size comparison? Preferably a Tele? I'd appreciate it ever-so-much.

Archived