Worst distortion ever?

Mad Hatter

• Members

What's the worst distortion pedal you ever owned?

I'm going to have to go with the Boss HM-2. There are a few magic spots with the knobs if you can find them, but it is very sensitive and usually sounds like a fuzz pedal farting.

Close tie would be the DOD Grunge distortion or DOD Thrash Master. I'm not sure which was worse. They were both pretty bad pedals.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got a Danelectro FAB Distortion and it was great as an AM reciever. When I stomped it on I got Mexican Radio!! Worked OK as a distortion pedal too and for 15 bucks that's not bad.

I took it back and got my money back.

Humm, I think they sound pretty decent. Never had the radio thing happen with mine. Digitech Grunge is good at bedroom levels, but does stink when you crank your amp.

My vote goes to the Marshall Jackhammer.

• Members

Whatever guys, the HM-2 is great if you know how to use it.
:cop:

I had one for years, but I lended it out and it hasn't returned :cry:

I thought it was decent for a scooped mids fuzz. I once A/B'd it with a BMP to see if the HM-2 could replicate it, but they had very different tones. The only reason I would pick up another is if I could find one for under $20.

• Members

BOSS Metal Zone...

I bought this pedal when I first started playing and I thought it sounded awesome, now I realize that it was horrible.

If you know how to use it properly you can get some good tones (especialy if you also use an EQ).:cop:

• Members

anything by behringer...

Not true, they have an acoustic pedal that works real well (big brown one not the standard pedal shape).

The Tube overdrive is also good if used moderatly

The preamp boost works good on acoustic (but sucks on an electric).:cop:

Archived