Worst distortion ever?

Mad Hatter

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

he's our canadian representative from the smallminded anger mismanagement club; please let him do what he does best.

tap tap tap... shoot shoot shoot. must suck. sucks to be you :lol:. happy injections :thu: why didn't your dads send you back. you were clearly defective :wave: they have tests for such things these days. its a shame it wasn't around when you were born. oh well. your idiotic drug induced verbal diarrhea is VERY entertaining. keep it up junkie. :blah:

• Members

as i was saying, please welcome our ever-so-smallminded gasoline huffing cannuck to the party.

this junkie thing youre so stuck on, which you've completely made up and has absolutely no basis in fact, are you really so {censored}ing dim-witted as to think that daily multiple injections are only an activity of the chemically-addicted?

i mean really, are you that {censored}ing stupid? honestly i dont think i've ever met (online) a person who has made a stump look so much like einstein.

• Members

Only one other person has mentioned the DOD Death Metal Distortion so far. My first pedal... Awesome when I first got it, and then it sucked the more I learned the guitar.

Still though, it kills a lot of the newer crap that I've seen come out... Metal Muff, anyone? Please.

angelhair has one and actually says it's pretty good.

But seriously, you can use just about any pedal/sound if you're creative enough. This really just boils down to taste and maybe a bit of patience and exploration.

Very good point! :cool:

Duane Allman once said something along the lines of there being no such thing as a "bad note" - just one played at the wrong time.

IMHO, tones are kind of like that. :) Even the most disgusting, annoying and retched tone you can imagine might be perfect for the part - especially if your intent is to jar, surprise annoy and / or create tension. :wave:

One man's pudding is another man's poison. :)

• Members

Digitech grunge distortion sounds anerexic

Personaly ive given up on distortion pedals, im sticking with the amps distortion for now!!!

Yeah, amp distortion is hard to beat. If the amp doesn't have enough then a booster pedal usually does the trick I think.

• Members

SansAmp GT-2 pedal.

In theory, that thing would be awesome. And probably good when plugged straight into a mixing desk.

But otherwise, it sounded TERRIBLE when plugged in front of an amp, or straight into my computer's line-in jack. Pure can o' bees.

I experimented by using it to overdrive the Fender Bassman model on my Roland Cube-30. I got a sound similar to the Orange Rhythm 2 channel on my MarkIV, set dark. Was probably the best distortion sound I could get out of it.

But was crap.

• Members

Personaly ive given up on distortion pedals, im sticking with the amps distortion for now!!!

I have too.

That's why I stick to amp distortion! Most distortion pedals don't sound very full to me, for rhythm sounds. They just put this buzz on top of the amp's sound, and don't feel like a full part of it. Works okay for solos and iddly bits but not for full-on rhythm crunch.

• Members

Only one other person has mentioned the DOD Death Metal Distortion so far. My first pedal... Awesome when I first got it, and then it sucked the more I learned the guitar.

Still though, it kills a lot of the newer crap that I've seen come out... Metal Muff, anyone? Please.

:confused:

I'd take a Metal Muff over 5 DOD Death Metal's....

Not that either really grabs my attention that much....

Archived