Worst distortion ever?

Mad Hatter

• Members

How could somebody not know how to use a distortion pedal?
:freak:

Pretty straightforward, simple devices....

You would think....but they don't

Some people think everything has to be all of the way up. Or they just don't know how to set things to work with their setup.:cop:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

trust me everyone......I repeat, it's the Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer. A metal distortion that's proud to be digital. :freak:

It is the worse thing I have ever heard, no matter what amp you put it into it magicaly transforms into a 'digital metal' amp....lovely.

mz2-07-09-07-1.jpg

• Members

I love the hm-2. But it doesn't seem like it would work well for people who buy it thinking it'll do the more recent version of heavy metal guitar sounds. But it's a great pedal for thick semi-fuzzy dist tones. The mij version tops the mit for clarity and output level, though.

I don't know about the worst dist pedal, but whatever amp/pedal creates that get-as-much-distortion-as-the-knob-will-give sound that most people (including myself) seem to think sounds good for at least the first two or three months they play guitar. It's always coming from all directions on any given afternoon in guitar center.

• Members

trust me everyone......I repeat, it's the Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer. A metal distortion that's proud to be digital.

It is the worse thing I have ever heard, no matter what amp you put it into it magicaly transforms into a 'digital metal' amp....lovely.

mz2-07-09-07-1.jpg

The distortion circuit in that isn't digital, only the chorus. That's not saying it sounds good just because it's analog.

• Members

trust me everyone......I repeat, it's the Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer. A metal distortion that's proud to be digital.

mz2-07-09-07-1.jpg

Wow, I'm sorry you failed to use gear David Gilmour used to quite good effect . . . is there a point to this thread? Tone is completely subjective, one man's trash is another's treasure, and every pedal you people fail to use to your likeing sounds quite fine in another's hands . . . :blah::rolleyes: :poke:

• Members

How could somebody not know how to use a distortion pedal?

Pretty straightforward, simple devices....

'worst' threads started by noobs, and filled with folks who cannot remember a world without line6, is bound to turn into a poor carpenters networking session.

• Members

I just got a Danelectro FAB Distortion and it was great as an AM reciever. When I stomped it on I got Mexican Radio!! Worked OK as a distortion pedal too and for 15 bucks that's not bad.

I took it back and got my money back.

HAHAAH mine did that too! it played jazz tho...

Archived