Just got my Eventide Timefactor...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Asian women aren't that special. Except most of them turn out to be gold diggers. I mean, what's the attraction to them? Exotification, IMO. Yeah, there are good lookin' asian girls, but not BECAUSE they're asian, but because they're good lookin'. It's called yellow fever.

I love blondes and asians. I've only ever slept with one asian girl though, but she was hot as helllllll. Really tall. Half chinese, half spanish. I usually dig japanese girls for the asians, but damn she was gorgeous.

• Members

Its the mod that makes the reverse delay awesome. I mean... delay is pretty much delay. I dont think there are any crazy settings on any delay pedal that are hard to find.

pffft, you should maybe play with the timefactor a bit more then. or maybe we just use delay for very different things.

• Members
Got it today. Oh my god it sounds so good. SO good.

:thu:

I'm having a blast with mine. Messing with loops is so fun. I wish I could record some of the crazy {censored} I've been doing with it for you guys.

Try this out. Record a loop... doesn't matter what of really.... can just be a bloop or bleep or something, let it keep repeating, set your guitar down and go to the Delay A Time & Delay B Time knobs.... you have to turn them all the way one direction to activate them for playing with... I think A has to go all the way to the left and B all the way to the right. Anyways, you just do that to make those knobs active... now mess with those two knobs together.. try setting the Delay A knob pretty far to the right (clockwise) and then tweak the Delay B knob back and forth. You should hear some crazy sounds..... like UFOs landing/taking off, engines reving up, high pitched bit crushing/mario kinda sounds.... it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

• Members

Oh, and I played with the Nova Delay more today and I actually like it a lot, but I don't really think it can do anything the TimeFactor can't do that I'd really miss... and I realized I don't really need the Nova Reverb either... I only really use reverb for ambient stuff, and there are certain delay settings that can approximate the long echo I like well enough that I could just use delay in place of reverb for those really spacey sounds. Both sound great and I wouldn't mind keeping them, but I think I'm going to sell them both and get another TimeFactor. I'd just get so much more out of the TimeFactor for my $$$. Having two TimeFactors at my feet will open up a huge amount of options, and will alow me to always have a looper around.

I kinda wanna keep the reverb just to have around, but I can do so much more with the TimeFactor. These pedals are just too pricey to have all at the same time

• Members

Well considering that $800 could buy you like 4 DL4s and some other stuff (minus the bear!), I'd say it's a lot. But if I could, I'd definitely buy two. Even from the hour that I spent noodling on it, it's the perfect blend of great effects and great tone. Really, this thing blows the DD20 out of the water in a lot of respects.

• Members

Lots of the delays on the timefactor have modulation.

Digital Delay
Vintage Delay
ModDelay
BandDelay
FilterPong
ReverseDelay

thats......66% of them...

the others including ducked delay, tape echo (which is wow and flutter controls) an multitap delay, which itself can be set to a delay and a looooooooooooooooooong reverb effect for a load of ambient.

• Members

what your doing there is controlling the loops beginning and end time. Really cool features for sampling or dj's or something.

Think of it like this:

Record a 10 second loop.

Dly A controls where the loop will repeat from. the beginning....2 seconds in....3 seconds in.

And DlyB controls where it will end. The end of the loop....2 seconds before the end of a loop.

It's a cool thing to mess with.

:thu:

I'm having a blast with mine. Messing with loops is so fun. I wish I could record some of the crazy {censored} I've been doing with it for you guys.

Try this out. Record a loop... doesn't matter what of really.... can just be a bloop or bleep or something, let it keep repeating, set your guitar down and go to the Delay A Time & Delay B Time knobs.... you have to turn them all the way one direction to activate them for playing with... I think A has to go all the way to the left and B all the way to the right. Anyways, you just do that to make those knobs active... now mess with those two knobs together.. try setting the Delay A knob pretty far to the right (clockwise) and then tweak the Delay B knob back and forth. You should hear some crazy sounds..... like UFOs landing/taking off, engines reving up, high pitched bit crushing/mario kinda sounds.... it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

• Members

Have any of you tried using an expression pedal with it yet? Earlier I plugged in my ernie ball jr. 25k volume pedal and it works perfectly with it. All of the presets have parameters set for the expression pedal, so I read that preset guide thing and tried them all out... awesome!

By the way, other than delay, this thing can also do really nice chorus, flange, reverb, and ringmod... and they all can be controlled with the expression pedal! The ringmod is especially cool with the expression pedal, as are the tape delay and a few others..... there's a few that do pitch bends and even total freak outs when moving the expression pedal. Tons of fun.

You gotta factor all of that into the price. I only payed $350, and there are some of you here that pay $150+ just for ringmods, and some of them aren't even controllable with an expression pedal. ;)

P.S. If you've never tried it, ringmod + an ebow = scary (but awesome) noises.

:D

• Members
Have any of you tried using an expression pedal with it yet? Earlier I plugged in my ernie ball jr. 25k volume pedal and it works perfectly with it. All of the presets have parameters set for the expression pedal, so I read that preset guide thing and tried them all out... awesome!

By the way, other than delay, this thing can also do really nice chorus, flange, reverb, and ringmod... and they all can be controlled with the expression pedal! The ringmod is especially cool with the expression pedal, as are the tape delay and a few others..... there's a few that do pitch bends and even total freak outs when moving the expression pedal. Tons of fun.

You gotta factor all of that into the price. I only payed $350, and there are some of you here that pay $150+ just for ringmods, and some of them aren't even controllable with an expression pedal.
;)

P.S. If you've never tried it, ringmod + an ebow = scary (but awesome) noises.

:D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5690722910955351539

• Members
How long are the looping times on the Timefactor and Nova Delay? I could probably just look it up, but....
:p

Or are all you guys just setting them to infinite repeats for looping?

12 seconds, and then you can get to 48 seconds using like 1/4 time or something. Not sure. But the looping standard is 12 seconds. Really {censored}ing good straightforward looper. No volume drop. Very straightforward too, and you can stop it and start it whenever you want, unlike the DD20.

Longest delay is 3 seconds.

Archived