Just got my Eventide Timefactor...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just tried out my new TimeFactor for the first time today and holy {censored}ttt
:eek:
This is the single most fun pedal I ever used, and the best delay pedal I've ever heard. I think I'm going to sell my Nova Delay and my OD pedal to get a second timefactor!
:love:

Tone wise, is the eventide that much better? Right now the only thing keeping me from getting the Nova is that the Eventide has midi capability.

• Members

Tone wise, is the eventide that much better? Right now the only thing keeping me from getting the Nova is that the Eventide has midi capability.

They both sound good. The timefactor's delay is a litlte thicker sounding, and the nova is a little more exact, I guess you could say..... but the timefactor overall is just so much more FUN than the nova. I was kinda disappointed with the nova not really finding more than 1 or 2 interesting settings. The timefactor does so much more and was so much more fun to use right upon turning it on. I think anyone into spacey or experimental music would like the timefactor a lot more. I'm still grinning over how {censored}ing cool it is :D

• Members

:thu:
Thanks.

I just need a machine for more straight ahead, clean delays so I think I may just stick with getting the Nova.

Yeah, the nova would probably be better for you then. It's a lot less complicated and also less expensive. I'm into using looping and delay for really spacey/ambient/experimental kinda stuff. I wanted to buy both just to see for myself how they are, and right away trying the timefactor I knew it was what I wanted. I sat there using the delay with infinite repeats turned on and looping rhythms and spacey noises (volume swells, harmonics, pick scratches, etc.) and was coming up with these cool electronic/trip hop/hip hop kinda rhythms..... SO much fun. :p

• Members

I sat there using the delay with infinite repeats turned on and looping rhythms and spacey noises (volume swells, harmonics, pick scratches, etc.) and was coming up with these cool electronic/trip hop/hip hop kinda rhythms..... SO much fun.
:p

Bah.....I want both.:cry:

• Members

I just tried out my new TimeFactor for the first time today and holy {censored}ttt
:eek:
This is the single most fun pedal I've ever used, and the best delay pedal I've ever heard. I think I'm going to sell my Nova Delay and my OD pedal to get a second timefactor!

Congrats! I say, do it! I've been using two TimeFactors at once, and it's not overkill - it's a great combo!

• Members

Congrats! I say, do it! I've been using two TimeFactors at once, and it's not overkill - it's a great combo!

I originally wanted the Nova AND the TimeFactor so I could use delay while looping, but the timefactor is just so sweeettt I think I want a second one of them instead. I heard there's a setting on here where you can mash the repeats together and get a cool reverb kinda sound. Do you know anything about that? If I could get a good reverb out of it, I could sell my nova reverb too and save some $$$.

I can't wait for that ModFactor to come out! :love: and I think sometime eventually they are going to make a reverb factor pedal and a pitch shifter/harmonizer factor pedal.. probably won't be for a year or so though :cry:

• Members

I think there's some sort of multitap or whatever for doing 'verb, but the Nova verb is... just so convenient! It's teeny and sounds pretty decent, you know?

I bailed on the ModFactor (for now!) and went for a bunch of analog modulation effects. I may revisit the ModFactor in a few months, but whereas delay benefits from digital technology, there's a lot to be said for analog fatness for modulation...

• Members

I think there's some sort of multitap or whatever for doing 'verb, but the Nova verb is... just so convenient! It's teeny and sounds pretty decent, you know?

I bailed on the ModFactor (for now!) and went for a bunch of analog modulation effects. I may revisit the ModFactor in a few months, but whereas delay benefits from digital technology, there's a lot to be said for analog fatness for modulation...

yup. I wanna try it out though. for all it can do, if the mod effects sound good, it's a hell of a pedal for $350. That's like the cost of only two individual nice analog pedals. So, I'm really looking forward to trying it out and seeing how they sound... especially the phaser. I was thinking about getting the hbe psilocybe phaser, but I wanna try the modfactor first and see how I like it

EDIT: and yes, I think the nova reverb sounds great. but, if I had two timefactors, I wouldn't ALWAYS be using two delays at once or always using looping + delay, so I could use one for reverb most of the time..... just saves me some $$$, since I could get $400 for both the nova reverb & nova delay

• Members

I played a Timefacotr yeaterday and Im the other way around. I thought it was much less interesting than the nova because you couldn't add modulation to any delay. The Nova is also 10 times more intuitive and the wall wart is smaller so it works out a bit better on a pedalboard. Either way, both are nice delays. The nova just seemed a bit more useful to me.

• Members

I played a Timefacotr yeaterday and Im the other way around. I thought it was much less interesting than the nova because you couldn't add modulation to any delay. The Nova is also 10 times more intuitive and the wall wart is smaller so it works out a bit better on a pedalboard. Either way, both are nice delays. The nova just seemed a bit more useful to me.

there's a mod delay. I dunno. it's cool and all, but I don't need that chorusy/flangey sound going on on every delay. I think I'm gonna try the nova out some more and see if I can get anything I like out of it before I get rid of it though.... you have any cool settings for me to try?

• Members

Just to offer an alternative viewpoint, sure, the wallwart may be larger for the TF, but it's a proper transformer rather than a cheap switching power supply.

The Nova is more intuitive (fewer features!) until you try doing anything funky w/looping, and then you begin to fight it - whereas that's when the TF opens up and offers all sorts of fun.

...And don't forget the triple-switch external pedal and expression pedal!

...And USB for saving presets...

...And software updates...

• Members

Fewer features isn't neccessarily what makes it more intuitive. The eventide has parameter knobs that change based on what patch youre on so unless you read the manual or program every patch, you wont know what they do. The nova is more straightforward which helps me when Im writing. Its definitely a one or the other thing for most people though which is totally cool. People either click with one or the other. They are both better delays than have ever been available before.

The switching PS hasn't been an issue at all for me. They are exactly on spec to what they should be and they dont add noise so Im fine with them.

• Members

Fewer features isn't neccessarily what makes it more intuitive. The eventide has parameter knobs that change based on what patch youre on so unless you read the manual or program every patch, you wont know what they do. The nova is more straightforward which helps me when Im writing. Its definitely a one or the other thing for most people though which is totally cool. People either click with one or the other. They are both better delays than have ever been available before.

The switching PS hasn't been an issue at all for me. They are exactly on spec to what they should be and they dont add noise so Im fine with them.

give me some nova settings, n00bbb

• Members

Asian women aren't that special. Except most of them turn out to be gold diggers. I mean, what's the attraction to them? Exotification, IMO. Yeah, there are good lookin' asian girls, but not BECAUSE they're asian, but because they're good lookin'. It's called yellow fever.

• Members

I'll tell you a Nova trick, if you like! I don't have mine anymore, so this is from memory...

Make sure it's set to "spillover" mode. I think that's the default.

Set it for a long delay, say 1600ms.

Turn the feedback to 100.

Play something. When it loops, hit the bypass switch.

Because it's in spillover mode, it keeps going, then you can play over it, a'la looper.

Want to add some to the loop? Take it off bypass, play something, and bypass it again. Want to fade out some of the loop? Turn the feedback down for a couple of seconds, then turn it up again.

You can even change delay modes, and because of spillover, you get to loop *and* have delay on what you play over the loop.

...The above is a great feature! Two TFs make it easier, though. But they should, for close to $800. :)

Archived