Just got my Eventide Timefactor...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's time I got in on this party. Had my Timefactor since Monday and last night was it's first outing with the band. Although I was almost totally lost trying to operate it during songs, a steep learning curve if ever there was one, I was pleased by the quality and range of the effects when playing live.

I went from Ibanez AD-80 to Timefactor, which is somewhat of a leap of faith considering the gulf in features. I've owned a DL-4 before and various other digital delays, but nothing offering the kind of control the TF does. It's jaw-dropping when you're tweaking and playing at home and I'm pleased to say that every bit of that translates to a live band setting.

• Members
It's time I got in on this party. Had my Timefactor since Monday and last night was it's first outing with the band. Although I was almost totally lost trying to operate it during songs, a steep learning curve if ever there was one, I was pleased by the quality and range of the effects when playing live.

I went from Ibanez AD-80 to Timefactor, which is somewhat of a leap of faith considering the gulf in features. I've owned a DL-4 before and various other digital delays, but nothing offering the kind of control the TF does. It's jaw-dropping when you're tweaking and playing at home and I'm pleased to say that every bit of that translates to a live band setting.

thats some good news :thu: i have had more than my fair shair of pedals sound great at home then {censored}e in the mix. i will find out tommorow :snax: i hope your right.

BTBAM. how do you adjust the delay time more accurately? maybe im missing something. it seems to jump like crazy!

• Members
thats some good news
:thu:
i have had more than my fair shair of pedals sound great at home then {censored}e in the mix. i will find out tommorow
:snax:
i hope your right.

BTBAM. how do you adjust the delay time more accurately? maybe im missing something. it seems to jump like crazy!

The knobs are VERY sensitive. You can either try to adjust them by hand, or use a tap tempo switch.

• Members
I just tried out my new TimeFactor for the first time today and holy {censored}ttt
:eek:
This is the single most fun pedal I've ever used, and the best delay pedal I've ever heard. I think I'm going to sell my Nova Delay and my OD pedal to get a second timefactor!
:love:

:thu: Congrats!!! WELCOME to the Eventide realm.

• Members
thats it
? no hold something down and it goes slower kinda deal? if thats the case.... hope they fix that in a software update!
:cop::mad:

I've been using the tap tempo switch for any time adjustments with the band, pbone is right, because of the huge delay time available, subtle knob adjustments are tough. Holding the tap and switching between bank and play modes pissed me off a little last night, but I am brand new to it and do plan on picking up an external switch, or maybe even the Digitech FS300 thing to make it easier.

• Members

DAMN YOU ALL!

i've been tempted by the timefactor for months now, and never considered getting it because its so expensive here in europe (500EURO!:freak:) just checked guitar center though and i can get it for $400! which is about 280EURO

So i think i'll be getting one when im in Chicago in feb. :thu:

is there analog/tape type delays on there too ? if so i may be able to flog some of my analog delays.

• Members
DAMN YOU ALL!

i've been tempted by the timefactor for months now, and never considered getting it because its so expensive here in europe (500EURO!
:freak:
) just checked guitar center though and i can get it for $400! which is about 280EURO

So i think i'll be getting one when im in Chicago in feb.
:thu:

is there analog/tape type delays on there too ? if so i may be able to flog some of my analog delays.

One has been on TGP for days at $370, incredible to think I had to pay almost

• Members
I'm into using looping and delay for really spacey/ambient/experimental kinda stuff. I wanted to buy both just to see for myself how they are, and right away trying the timefactor I knew it was what I wanted. I sat there using the delay with infinite repeats turned on and looping rhythms and spacey noises (volume swells, harmonics, pick scratches, etc.) and was coming up with these cool electronic/trip hop/hip hop kinda rhythms..... SO much fun.
:p

So you can have a delay going in one bank and the looper in the other at the same time ?? that would be amazing.

• Members

So you can have a delay going in one bank and the looper in the other at the same time ?? that would be amazing.

You can't run the looper and delay together unfortunately. You can do some cool loops with the repeat function, which loops the memory of any delay type (3sec) infinitely and keeps the direct guitar dry. I think that's what's described there.

• Members
You can't run the looper and delay together unfortunately. You can do some cool loops with the repeat function, which loops the memory of any delay type (3sec) infinitely and keeps the direct guitar dry. I think that's what's described there.

Gotta have this to do that:

http://www.zachpetersen.com/h8000fwbro.pdf

H8000FW%20B.jpg

h8000fw%20rear.JPG

Unfortunately, it costs quite a bit more than the pedal.

• Members

Wow, as impressive as that looks, Zach, it would be total overkill for someone like me who runs into the font end of an AC30 with a couple of fuzz pedals and such. Heck, the Timefactor feels like overkill already!

The cool thing is that it's putting quality delay sounds and unparalleled levels of control in the hands of players who would never otherwise entertain the idea of a rack piece like yours above.

• Members

Wow, as impressive as that looks, Zach, it would be total overkill for someone like me who runs into the font end of an AC30 with a couple of fuzz pedals and such. Heck, the Timefactor feels like overkill already!

The cool thing is that it's putting quality delay sounds and unparalleled levels of control in the hands of players who would never otherwise entertain the idea of a rack piece like yours above.

You are preaching to the choir my friend. I LOVE the TF, I've been raving about it since last year at NAMM, when they came out.

I have been chastised here, by those who don't know any better, re: my affinity for quality gear and willingness to call it like I'd seen it, when addressing "what is the best" threads.

You are correct re: the H8000FW being so far beyond justification though. It is for me too, but i had to do it.

• Members

sdresdre, are you using the delay time so the knobs are in ms, or are you using it so that it's in time signatures? I use a tap tempo for my time, and set it up so the different delays are time signatures, not specific time intervals. I may have a preset that is like that sometime, but for now I prefer how I have it.

Also....PLEASE QUIT SAYING THE TIMEFACTOR NEEEEEDS THE SHIELDING! THIS IS A MYTH!

People keep not getting these things sold because they are early runs. I have # 177, and the other one I've played was an early model too AND THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS! It only happened to select peoples. I have some issues, but most of it is probably how I'm using it, and just waiting for the update to come out. Other than that, it's just fine.

I'm pretty sure anyone who gets the timefactor will be pleased - it's a great pedal, and can do more than other stompbox delays out there. Simple? not really, that's why a lot of people don't like it. However, once you get the hang of it, you won't want to stop using it.

• Members

RE: the shielding thing. im just going off what others have told me at this point. i wouldnt know if the shielded ones are better/fixed or not but there WAS a problem(according to eventide and various others @TGP). thats why they are taking them back and "fixing" them. if yours and others are totally good..... thats great. its probably a rare occurrence to have an issue. that being said.... i dont think thats a myth is it? :confused:

i like MS. just what im used to. the dial is SUPER sensitive and i cant seem to find a way to adjust it more accurately. getting kinda annoying! thanks for helpin with the TF :thu: its a curve fer sure.

sdresdre, are you using the delay time so the knobs are in ms, or are you using it so that it's in time signatures? I use a tap tempo for my time, and set it up so the different delays are time signatures, not specific time intervals. I may have a preset that is like that sometime, but for now I prefer how I have it.

Also....PLEASE QUIT SAYING THE TIMEFACTOR NEEEEEDS THE SHIELDING! THIS IS A MYTH!

People keep not getting these things sold because they are early runs. I have # 177, and the other one I've played was an early model too AND THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS! It only happened to select peoples. I have some issues, but most of it is probably how I'm using it, and just waiting for the update to come out. Other than that, it's just fine.

I'm pretty sure anyone who gets the timefactor will be pleased - it's a great pedal, and can do more than other stompbox delays out there. Simple? not really, that's why a lot of people don't like it. However, once you get the hang of it, you won't want to stop using it.

• Members

BTBAM, did I notice you using an Ernie Ball 25k volume pedal with your TF? I prefer the construction of the EB Jr to any others, but see it's rated at 25k and the Eventide site says 5k-20k with the TF, but I'm certain I've seen a few guys using EB in vids.

• Members
thats it
? no hold something down and it goes slower kinda deal? if thats the case.... hope they fix that in a software update!
:cop::mad:

You can fine tune delay times in Tempo mode or non-Tempo mode simply by pressing the Tap footswitch once and then turning the encoder knob. (If you aren't using an external footswitch then you must be in Play Mode to do this.)

• Members

RE: the shielding thing. im just going off what others have told me at this point...

I was crapping myself reading the noise issues, it took me long enough and enough money to get my rig as quiet as it is, I wasn't about to let the Timefactor ruin that.

Very pleased to say it causes absolutely no hiss at band volumes into a well cranked AC30, not to say it can't be isolated and heard at home with a keen ear and some unplugging of the power supply, but for me no hiss is even slightly evident at stage levels.

• Members

I am displeased that you can't play a loop back and have another delay. Even the DD20 was able to do this.

I gotta say I was pissed too, especially having sold my Loop Junky to fund the Eventide. I've been running an AD-80 after the TF's looper today and it sounded great though and the repeat function goes some way to allowing on the fly loops, albeit short ones with no dubs or delay on the direct guitar.

If they can correct this somewhere down the line with a software upgrade it would be a crowning glory.

• Members

Yes, the TF does have one of the best sounding loopers in my experience, but that lack is redonkulus. Have they released any software upgrades yet? I don't even have one of those cables.

Oh, also: what's the deal with the half-speed thing? Does it slow down your loop, or just adds extra time?

Archived