Just got my Eventide Timefactor...

JoshuaLogan

• Members
I think sometime eventually they are going to make a reverb factor pedal and a pitch shifter/harmonizer factor pedal.. probably won't be for a year or so though
:cry:

Is this for sure, or just hypothetical? I was hoping these original pedals would have some patented Eventide harmonizing in them. I would love a truly intelligent programmable pitch shift pedal without paying $5k.

pbone, thanks for the loop answer. What's the 1/4 time thing you mentioned?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Is this for sure, or just hypothetical? I was hoping these original pedals would have some patented Eventide harmonizing in them. I would love a truly intelligent programmable pitch shift pedal without paying $5k.

pbone, thanks for the loop answer. What's the 1/4 time thing you mentioned?

They haven't officially announced it, but it's pretty much for sure. They've hinted at them to various people. And a few people have said they asked them at NAMM about them, and they said they "weren't allowed to talk about it" but pretty much admitted that they have them planned/in the works. I'd want one just as bad as you.

Apparently Eventide is a pretty small company (BIG brand name, but few employees), and they're new to this whole stompbox thing, so that's why they've had so many delays and release date pushbacks, but I think they will have a lot of success from the TimeFactor and ModFactor and will get to the pitch and reverb pedals eventually. It may not be for a year or something though :(

Still though, it's an awesome time for effects. I personally think the TimeFactor is the single greatest production delay pedal ever made, and I think the ModFactor is going to be just as good..... I know a lot of the guys here may say they prefer some modulation to be analog (like chorus and phasers), but I have high hopes.... (and I kinda doubt the guys who say that have played top of the line digital modulation effects in big $$$$$$$$ rack units). I'm about to get my second TimeFactor, and I may end up with two modfactors as well depending on how much one can do and how good the effects sound.... two could be useful though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Josh, Just sent you a pm on that Mojo Drive. I'll take it if it's still available!

Vince

Cool, I PM'd you back.

P.S. Still loving the Timefactor, guys. I sold my reverb pedal, after realizing I don't really need it, and selling this OD pedal to Vince here, because I don't really use ODs, since I like using my mxr EQ for a boost instead, and I'm going to use that money to get a second Timefactor. :love:

• Members

i get mine tonight at 6pm's yo.
:love:

sweetness. you'll love it. read the little preset guide thing that's in there with the manual. it's like a fold-out. that explains what each preset is (not all of them are for delays... one is straight up chorus, one is ring mod, etc) and if oyu have any volume pedals, try plugging it in to use as an expression pedal. it's fun stuff.

• Members
sweetness. you'll love it. read the little preset guide thing that's in there with the manual. it's like a fold-out. that explains what each preset is (not all of them are for delays... one is straight up chorus, one is ring mod, etc) and if oyu have any volume pedals, try plugging it in to use as an expression pedal. it's fun stuff.

cool! iss wills. hey maybe you can answer this? can you set up the TF to have a level and a not a mix knob. in other words..... set it up like a dd-20. know what i mean? :poke: :)

• Members

cool! iss wills. hey maybe you can answer this? can you set up the TF to have a level and a not a mix knob. in other words..... set it up like a dd-20. know what i mean? :poke:
:)

well, it's kinda unnecessary for the delays, because of how the mix knob works. you can make it so the dry signal stays at 100% volume while mixing in the wet signal.... I think it's like that automatically.

The only time it's not like that is using the looper.... as you turn the mix knob clockwise when using the looper, it literally lowers the dry signal volume and raises the wet volume.... I don't like that. I'd like it to work the same way the delays do, where it goes the dry signal stays at 100% all the way up to 12:00 on the mix knob..... but I can see where some other people might think it's useful, if they want to fade in/out certain parts of their playing while looping and stuff.... I think someone mentioned it to eventide, so maybe there will be some kind of option to switch how that knob functions when they release the first software update :idk:

• Members

Wow, sounds great. I want one.

If you like the DL4, you'd love the Timefactor. I very much think the Timefactor is a lot like a beefed up, higher quality DL4, and that the Nova is a lot like a beefed up, higher quality DD20 (minus looping... not many people use the DD20 for looping anyways though)

• Members
well, it's kinda unnecessary for the delays, because of how the mix knob works. you can make it so the dry signal stays at 100% volume while mixing in the wet signal.... I think it's like that automatically.

The only time it's not like that is using the looper.... as you turn the mix knob clockwise when using the looper, it literally lowers the dry signal volume and raises the wet volume.... I don't like that. I'd like it to work the same way the delays do, where it goes the dry signal stays at 100% all the way up to 12:00 on the mix knob..... but I can see where some other people might think it's useful, if they want to fade in/out certain parts of their playing while looping and stuff.... I think someone mentioned it to eventide, so maybe there will be some kind of option to switch how that knob functions when they release the first software update
:idk:

cool. good to know. im going to spend a good 4 hrs or so with her tonight. from what i hear the manual is a russian novel.

• Members

cool. good to know. im going to spend a good 4 hrs or so with her tonight. from what i hear the manual is a russian novel.

it's not that bad. it takes time. you'll still revert back to it days and weeks later. but you'll be a better person because of it. let me know if you have an questions about it i may be able to help with.

• Members

it's not that bad. it takes time. you'll still revert back to it days and weeks later. but you'll be a better person because of it. let me know if you have an questions about it i may be able to help with.

cool. thanks. im stoked. i hope this addition allows me to put my pedalboard to rest for a bit. i LOVE my setup but was still in need of THE delay. i hope the TF delivers. band is recording a record in a few months with actual $$ and i really want a firm setup until/during.

• Members

So is everyone here running the Timefactor in mono or stereo? I'm curious how good it sounds in mono, as that's how I'd be running it, and I'm worried it would suffer that way. I ran my DD20 that way, but wasn't always happy with it.

most people with boards will be running it in mono(which is most right??). the thing with stereo is it only sounds superior in the studio/bedroom... IMO. i always run stereo in the studio but in the mix live it just dosent seem to matter.

Archived