Your Favorite Tuner?

CoolDrum3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hey guys, the other guitarist in my band wants to buy a korg rackmount tuner, but i keep telling him to buy the TU-2, or the strobostomp, but since i already have the TU-2..... that looks like a better choice

anyways i can see that the korg rackmount tuner isn't very popular around here, but is it a bad choice?

• Members
hey guys, the other guitarist in my band wants to buy a korg rackmount tuner, but i keep telling him to buy the TU-2, or the strobostomp, but since i already have the TU-2..... that looks like a better choice

anyways i can see that the korg rackmount tuner isn't very popular around here, but is it a bad choice?

:wave:

• Members

hey guys, the other guitarist in my band wants to buy a korg rackmount tuner, but i keep telling him to buy the TU-2, or the strobostomp, but since i already have the TU-2..... that looks like a better choice\n

get the tu-2

rack crap is just more to carry and the tu-2 is plenty bright and a quick way to cut your signal

• Members

I recommend that your guitarist and your bass player use the strobostomb 2 pedal. It will make both of them sound better in tune than any other tuner. don't settle for less.:thu:

• Members
I recommend that your guitarist and your bass player use the strobostomb 2 pedal. It will make both of them sound better in tune than any other tuner. don't settle for less.
:thu:

but i already have the TU-2, wouldnt it be better if we all had the same one?
unless we all "upgrade" to the strobostomp, but i wont, so...........

• Members

I also find the PODXT to have a very good tuner, but it is not easy to access unless you have the short or long board (I have the express so it does not have a seperate button to access it).

I always hated it. Especially with the thickest strings, wobbles like crazy.

• Members

I never realized how great my guitars could sound until I got my StroboStomp. What really made the difference was first taking the time to properly set the intonation on my guitars. I had several done in guitar shops and some others done with Boss tuners and couldn't believe how far off they were until I intonated them with the SS.

Once all set up, all of the guitars sounded better ... chords sound better all over the neck. Lots of other guys I know have experienced the same thing.

BTW ... you can download the owners manual for the VSII from Peterson's web site and find a step-by-step intonation process that involves getting in tune at the 5th, 12th and 17th frets (if I remember correctly) ... it's really easy to do and makes a huge difference IMHO.

StroboStomp rocks.

Archived