AnalogMan! Lawyers! KOT's to Ebay only!

BmoreTele

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh for crying out loud. The DIY Gen 2.0 was not meant as an insult. It is the name I gave to categorize guys like you from FS.org.

Nic, you're way off base. SuperVelcroboy is Cow4Prez. I do believe he was selling his Ampeg Scrambler clone before you even introduced your SCP. Chill out, huh?

• Members

Originally Posted by zachary vex View Post

Armchair pedalmakers are gasbags with inane claims about pricing, and their estimates of manufacturing costs are ridiculously low. I can picture them, fat in overstuffed armchairs, wearing beer hats, smelly t-shirts and week-old boxers, surrounded by empty bags of chips and KFC containers, TV on in the background with skimpily-clad hotties they'll never hit splashed across the screen, typing out their fictional treatises on pedal manufacturing costs on grease-stained keyboards with filthy black gook under their fingernails, belching and grunting in constant agreement with each other's posts. I fart in their general direction. Go actually finish a pedal, whether painted or silkscreened or otherwise professionally decorated, and make it with a PC board, quality jacks and switches, and make sure it's roadworthy. Then figure out how much it costs, and don't forget your labor, every minute of it.

Running a business takes money. Real money. My company's fixed costs per month are equal to an average American family's annual income.

You can't even get an ENCLOSURE shipped to your house for $10.

lol you talk such a pile of crap I had to post, just seen you in that Fuzz dvd, what a plonker, I expect more sense to be in your fart than what comes out your mouth mate.

i don't think it's keeley because i can't see keeley being so naive to do such a dumb thing, but then again who knows. Keeley's got a bunch of his folks lurking in this forum anyway, and so i would not be surprised if a keeley employee or fanboy posted the pic to incite trouble
:idea:

i am sure there is more to the story, but it's more fun guessing the truth
:lol:

Keeley if yo are read this, then "hi!"
:wave:

Guys, I would strongly caution you regarding unsubstantiated speculation / charges of this nature. If you can't prove it in court, then it's probably safer (and more fair!) to resist the temptation to speculate. Such speculation is 1) unfair to the person, 2) starts rumors and 3) may open you up to legal action yourself.

I'd recommend going back and removing your posts, or editing them. :)

• Members
Armchair pedalmakers are gasbags with inane claims about pricing, and their estimates of manufacturing costs are ridiculously low. I can picture them, fat in overstuffed armchairs, wearing beer hats, smelly t-shirts and week-old boxers, surrounded by empty bags of chips and KFC containers, TV on in the background with skimpily-clad hotties they'll never hit splashed across the screen, typing out their fictional treatises on pedal manufacturing costs on grease-stained keyboards with filthy black gook under their fingernails, belching and grunting in constant agreement with each other's posts. I fart in their general direction. Go actually finish a pedal, whether painted or silkscreened or otherwise professionally decorated, and make it with a PC board, quality jacks and switches, and make sure it's roadworthy. Then figure out how much it costs, and don't forget your labor, every minute of it.

Running a business takes money. Real money. My company's fixed costs per month are equal to an average American family's annual income.

You can't even get an ENCLOSURE shipped to your house for $10.

Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=Enclosures

No but I did get a SHO clone shipped to my house for $6.:wave:

• Members
Guys, I would strongly caution you regarding unsubstantiated speculation / charges of this nature. If you can't prove it in court, then it's probably safer (and more fair!) to resist the temptation to speculate. Such speculation is 1) unfair to the person, 2) starts rumors and 3) may open you up to legal action yourself.

I'd recommend going back and removing your posts, or editing them.
:)

he Phil, yeah we got a little carried away, but i was the one who was cautious at first. I didn't believe it. There is a post by 22uf and Analogman in the other forums. They confirmed that 22uf is NOT keeley.

• Members

I'd recommend going back and removing your posts, or editing them.
:)

Edited Phil, Happy New Year All!

• Members

Alright...honestly, if you don't want people to clone your stuff...

Buy a can of epoxy, solder in a few extra resistors that aren't actually connected to anything, use weird screw-heads that not everybody has access to.

I know I'm coming across as a douche to many of you right now, but this is basically te same thing as protecting Grandma's secret recipe for pumpkin pie. If you don't want anyone to know, hide the ingredients list, keep the recipe sheet hidden, etc.

Effects makers should do the same if they fear cloning.

Sure it makes it hard to fix later, but if a circuit is built well and not abused, circuit components shouldn't break.

• Members

@chu2

some people will think you're a douche no matter what you say.

as for cloning protection, they already tried the epoxy, but it doesn't stop a person that's really determined. And epoxy looks likes {censored} physically, and the act is even funnier when what you are hiding is a clone of another circuit someone made that you copied :lol:

Archived