AnalogMan! Lawyers! KOT's to Ebay only!

BmoreTele

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
or at least you dont know of any YET. Since FS.org started there's already been one site that has shown up that is selling kits for a number of clones of boutique pedals. Now maybe that person is a member there, or maybe they aren't, but all the kits they are selling are pedals that have been traced on FS.org. hmmmmm:rolleyes:

I thought that the Boutique builders hand selected components to achieve their superior tone. If that's the case then cheap kits should be no threat.

• Members

These ass hats at freestomboxes may be able to reverse engineer an fx but they dont (in most cases) even play guitar. How would it sound like the original?

So, because Analogguru is clear about that he doesn't play that means most of them??? 1500 members and one admits so most of them don't play?? Makes me wonder what I was doing this morning... makes me wonder what I was doing on that stage last night.. makes me wonder what I was doing over the last 20 years... but is was all with a guitar in my hands.

Please feel free have an opinion but at least make sure you got your arguments right:rolleyes:

• Members

I hate how boutique pedalmakers are getting butthurt over people copying them. Last time I checked, tons of boutique pedalmakers copy their designs from TS's, Muffs, Orange Squeezes, Memory Mans, Phase 90's, and the list could go on. Maybe Ibanez, EHX or Dunlop/MXR should file lawsuits against them? Oh wait, they're too busy making tons of money as it is, so they have no reason to get butthurt and don't need to fret over a few builders copying their stuff.

Boutique pedalmakers are making a killing off of pedals that they made for $100 and selling them for twice or 3 times as much. If they don't want people making cheaper copies of their pedals, maybe they should man up and either sell the pedals at a decent, competitive price or shut the {censored} up with their bitching. Copying is just a part of the business world and it's no different with boutique pedalmakers who think they're just being so wronged by the business world. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm sure more people will buy the original thing as opposed to the copy. I see no way Analogman could ever go out of business because of 2 guys copying a pedal.

Archived