OT: amp appreciation thread

RoboPimp

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
say bye bye to amp boners. this is my only amp:

pro_jr.jpg

That said, I love it. Can't imagine a better amp for bedrooming/the occasional jam. If I join a band, I'll get something bigger (AC30 stack or Bassman 4x10 RI) but until then, I'm not worried. Classic tube tone for $250, what can I complain about?

I love the sound of those.

My dad has one and I've contemplated ditching my AD15 and picking up one of those for bedroom practice. Problem is, I've been spending it all on putting together a pedalboard :o

• Members
I love the sound of those.

My dad has one and I've contemplated ditching my AD15 and picking up one of those for bedroom practice. Problem is, I've been spending it all on putting together a pedalboard
:o

Eh, I wouldn't get one just for bedroom practice. Those little Voxes are way better for that, IMO. In fact, I'd like an AD15/30 just to play at home...if they made one with no built in effects and just the VOX models, I'd get one for my main amp. I love Vox's lower gain modeling sounds :love:

• Members
Eh, I wouldn't get one just for bedroom practice. Those little Voxes are way better for that, IMO. In fact, I'd like an AD15/30 just to play at home...if they made one with no built in effects and just the VOX models, I'd get one for my main amp. I love Vox's lower gain modeling sounds
:love:

I just really don't like all the amp modeling stuff the VOX does.

And the only built in effect that I use is the compressor, but as soon as I get a compressor, then I'll always have that bypassed.

Is that at
all
necessary?

Probably not... unless someone was trying to sleep in the next room and the walls were thin. :)

But the Hotplate IS sitting there, so I thought it should be mentioned. :) OTOH, I didn't mention the mic placement; midway between the cone and the surround... and if the angle and lighting were a bit different in the picture, I might be able to tell what the guitar is (CIJ '62 Tele Custom RI?) and what color the lava lamp is (black base, clear fluid with red lava?), and what type of speakers he has loaded in that Marshall cab (greenbacks?), but I'd just be guessing... :p:D

Archived