OT: for those opposed to "hipster" music

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As someone who can't read the NY Times every day from cover to cover for obvious reasons, can I ask if it's a newspaper standard to refer to people being interview as 'Mr', as as 'Mr. Longstreth' in the interview linked above?

No, it isn't usual...the NY Times does it, but most don't. I like it.

• Members

I hate hipsters and the music they like. Then again, I also hate the fashion industry and think it is the most utterly despicable arm of Western society.

I think the defence industry and their selling of arms to poor countries with massive internal problems do somewhat more damage than DKNY somehow. Then there's the tobacco industry touting their wares in poor countries. Then there's the pharmaceutical industry and their dubious product testing. We've got a few targets to hit before the skinny chicks in frocks.

• Members

I think the defence industry and their selling of arms to poor countries with massive internal problems do somewhat more damage than DKNY somehow. Then there's the tobacco industry touting their wares in poor countries. Then there's the pharmaceutical industry and their dubious product testing. We've got a few targets to hit before the skinny chicks in frocks.

No dude, it's the fashion industry. OPEN UP UR EYES

• Members

At least the defense industry has a purpose. Fashion...

:confused:

:idk:

I just think of all the money wasted on fashion and "design" oriented bull{censored} (designer curtains and microwaves and mousepads) and what it could be used on - perhaps to cure the world's ills?

Going downtown and seeing everyone wearing heeled boots and scarves and messenger bags and goofy little ship captain and South American hats just makes me :mad:

And they're all listening to the {censored} that is !!! on their iPods!

Archived