Zvex box of metal - $0.00

aldridt1

• Members

1st...Anyone who seriously thinks they'll hold Bananas to that price is trying to take advantage.

2nd...I respect ZVex and think he can charge whatever he wants for his pedals. I've even defended why his prices are worth it for some people.

But I wonder if ZVex would do well for himself/his business to not have such a presence on the boards...well, at least not the presence he puts forth on the boards (other pedal makers are on but do fine). I think it's cool that he's on the boards so much, but sometimes he worries me.

I know he says he's only defending his products--and he usually is pointing out where posters are factually wrong or spreading untruths about his products. But it's the way he does it sometimes...abrasive and so persistent. I guess I'm just surprised he's never gotten temp. banned...

*ducks*

Anyway, some cool pedals. I have no prob. with his prices, even though they keep me from buying most of them. (I did buy a SHO, but didn't end up keeping it.) Yeah, I think he'd sell more, and end up making more money, if he lowered his prices...but I don't have a problem with him keeping them where they are.

But I think it'd be a smart business decision to stay on the boards, but defend his products in a more cordial and less persistent way.

But he generally seems like a cool-as-hell guy. I'd be tempted to post the same way if I was in his position. And obviously, it's not up to me.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1st...Anyone who seriously thinks they'll hold Bananas to that price is trying to take advantage.

NOBODY THINKS BANANA'S IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HONOR THE PRICE.

This is like the lottery.

You buy into it because of the chance aspect -- the possibility of winning. Getting something for (relatively) nothing. I mean, the majority of us here -- we're not stupid.

Opportunistic? Yes.

Greedy? Probably.

Hopeful? Yes.

Expectant. No.

• Members

This is like the lottery.

You buy into it because of the
chance
aspect -- the possibility of winning. Getting something for (relatively) nothing. I mean, the majority of us here -- we're not stupid.

Opportunistic? Yes.

Greedy? Probably.

Hopeful? Yes.

Expectant. No.

Chill.

And--you didn't read carefully. I said: anyone who will try to "hold Bananas to that price is trying to take advantage." Anyone who will try to force them to honor that price.

I didn't say "anyone who thinks Bananas will honor the price..." That would have a very different meaning than what I said. Read carefully before you freak.

• Members

Chill.

And--you didn't read carefully. I said: anyone who will try to "
hold Bananas to that price
is trying to take advantage." Anyone who will
try to force them
to honor that price.

I didn't say "anyone who thinks Bananas will honor the price..." That would have a very different meaning than what I said. Read carefully before you freak.

Oh... I'm chill man. No worries there.

And you didn't read carefully. Force or not ... nobody here thinks Banana's is going to honor the price for any reason. At least, the overwhelming majority of us don't think so.

My intention (and while it was pointed at you, wasn't exactly meant for you) was just to say that this is like the lottery. Taking advantage or not, the idea of getting something for nothing is deeply rooted in the hearts of most everyone -- Americans especially.

• Members

I never meant that i would give this pedal bad reviews having never played it........What I meant was that if i actually receive it, which is doubtful, and if the manufactured of the pedal continues to insist that I am being dishonest by trying to purchase one of his products at an unbelievably, but actual advertised low price, then screw him. I should have stated this more clearly the first time.

Anyway, sorry for all the hoopla......I was just trying to share a little info with some fellow gear nuts.........I have I no way said anything inaccurate, dishonest, or misleading.

I provided a link to the site for others to see, and mentioned that I ordered one to see if the price would be honored. The price is still listed the same, and while I completely understand that this is a west coast company, most online retailers are fully aware of and capable of effectively operating in the online world which is 24X7. This is nothing new, and this is something that all online retailers deal with. The internet does not close down when your store does.

I guess to some people here, all of this makes me a dishonest troll.

that's fine with me.

• Members

You want to take advantage of the store because of a human error, causing them financial harm. But you don't want anyone to "rip you off."

Then you'll re-sell it on eBay at a massive profit because of
my
stinking attitude.

Hey Phil, can you open some windows and let the smell of the orphanage out of here?

Yes that's my intentions!

PS. Anyone else subscribed to this thread?

• Members

You got me there. but no, I seriously REFUSE to pay more than 100US$ for any new pedal. Unless it's a swiss army knife type thing like the Timefactor, or a no-substitute piece like the DMM...

The BoM is nice, but it ain't either...

• Members
You got me there. but no, I seriously REFUSE to pay more than 100US$ for any new pedal. Unless it's a swiss army knife type thing like the Timefactor, or a no-substitute piece like the DMM...

The BoM is nice, but it ain't either...

:thu:

Well, if you don't want to pay over a 100 bucks for any new pedal, then you probably won't ever buy anything from boutique pedal builders.

Whatever floats your boat.

• Members

I never meant that i would give this pedal bad reviews having never played it........What I meant was that if i actually receive it, which is doubtful, and if the manufactured of the pedal continues to insist that I am being dishonest by trying to purchase one of his products at an unbelievably, but actual advertised
low price
, then screw him. I should have stated this more clearly the first time.

Anyway, sorry for all the hoopla......I was just trying to share a little info with some fellow gear nuts.........I have I no way said anything inaccurate, dishonest, or misleading.

I provided a link to the site for others to see, and mentioned that I ordered one to see if the price would be honored. The price is still listed the same, and while I completely understand that this is a west coast company, most online retailers are fully aware of and capable of effectively operating in the online world which is 24X7. This is nothing new, and this is something that all online retailers deal with. The internet does not close down when your store does.

I guess to some people here, all of this makes me a dishonest troll.

that's fine with me.

you're either stupid or, indeed, a dishonest troll

I believe its the second option, because when you typed "price", you wrote "low price", nowing perfectly that "0 doll" equals to "no price", which would have {censored}ed your point.

so dont play the offended virgin, because you're not.

Archived