Zvex box of metal - $0.00

aldridt1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Prices and Specifications are Subject to Change

Bananas at Large always strives for accuracy in the information and pricing we present. However, we are not responsible for typographical errors, incorrect specifications furnished by manufacturers, or for price changes. Prices are subject to change without notice.

IOW, they don't have to honor the (obviously mistaken) price.

As Clorox said, all you folks are really doing is making more work for some poor clerk; they'll have to email all the people who ordered and see if they want it at the regular price.

You've nailed it once again, Phil.

This is the internet equivalent of saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." They have to resort to this in order to protect themselves against abuse by people whose fallback position is "stick it to the man," which ultimately translates to "screw anybody who isn't me," which is the premise of being a sociopath. When herd mentality is combined with this behavior, we see rioting and looting. :cop:

The devil's in the details. When you're trying to take advantage of someone's honest error, you become the dishonest party. :wave:

• Members

Who knows........I mean, I have a receipt with all of the costs clearly listed. in other words, the transaction is complete.

Its not like they advertised the wrong price, and then stated before completing the sale that they would only sell at the correct price.......they actually sold at the listed price, allbeit an incorrect price. But the transaction went all the way thru with no mention of a price change......

Its wishfull thinking, for sure......hopefully we will get an email reply today indicating what their stance is.

• Members

Yes, can someone order one for me too. If they are only going to be charging $10 then I'll have one too, please. Of course, if it's any more than that I don't want it, but I will also pay for you to post it to me as long as you don't rip me off.

Still, I don't like ZVex gear, mainly because of Vex's stinking attitude, so I plan to stick the pedal on eBay when I get it.

You want to take advantage of the store because of a human error, causing them financial harm. But you don't want anyone to "rip you off."

Then you'll re-sell it on eBay at a massive profit because of my stinking attitude.

Hey Phil, can you open some windows and let the smell of the orphanage out of here?

• Members

You want to take advantage of the store because of a human error, causing them financial harm. But you don't want anyone to "rip you off."

Then you'll re-sell it on eBay at a massive profit because of
my
stinking attitude.

Hey Phil, can you open some windows and let the smell of the orphanage out of here?

I ORDERED 20!!!

GET THE SWEAT SHOP FIRED UP! :thu:

• Members

The dishonest party???? I do not see in any way how ordering this pedal is dishonest.

Someone made a mistake - no doubt about that......but most companies who have a web presence also have QA processes in place to ensure that the information that is presented to their potential customers is accurate.

At any rate, since the manufacturer of this pedal is calling me dishonest for purchasing it at the listed price from a reputable online retailer, I will gladly spend a few hours of my week next week putting reviews all over the web stating what an overpriced piece of crap the Box of Metal is.

• Members

The dishonest party???? I do not see in any way how ordering this pedal is dishonest.

Someone made a mistake - no doubt about that......but most companies who have a web presence also have QA processes in place to ensure that the information that is presented to their potential customers is accurate.

At any rate, since the manufacturer of this pedal is calling me dishonest for purchasing it at the listed price from a reputable online retailer, I will gladly spend a few hours of my week next week putting reviews all over the web stating what an overpriced piece of crap the Box of Metal is.

A while ago there was a thread about some guy who wrote the wrong price on his ebay object. Almost every forum member agreed that the best thing to do was just to let it go and let him relist the pedal at a fair price.

They also said that it would be pretty lame to force him into the deal.

Now, everyone seems to have changed the opinions. Why? Because it's a company instead of a person. There are persons behind all that you know. If the company loses, the persons lose.

• Members

Seriously... not this crap again... :rolleyes:

I think Z is just trying to stick up for the shop who have made an honest mistake on their website and suddenly everyone wants a free pedal. Can you imagine the losses they would make? 30 of you buy a pedal thats worth $299 for free = $8970 Yea nice one...

If Mr.Lovepedal accidently did this and one of you posted something similar this place would be up in arms calling them theives... granted its not exactly the same situation....

Either way... bollocks

• Members

1] You state that "someone made a mistake."

2] You state that you purchased it at the "listed price."

3] The only neurons that aren't firing (you're so close, though) are the ones connecting "mistake" with "price." You purchased it at the "mistaken" price. With full knowledge of what you were doing. So you've defined yourself as having taken advantage of a mistake.

4] I'm certain that the level of sincerity you're exhibiting in here will be reflected quite clearly in the style of your "reviews." :wave:

Do your worst. I never called you dishonest. I didn't even notice you posted in here. I was responding to Phil's post... You simply recognized yourself when you read these words:

When you're trying to take advantage of someone's honest error, you become the dishonest party.

• Members

I will gladly spend a few hours of my week next week putting reviews all over the web stating what an overpriced piece of crap the Box of Metal is.

If that isnt trolling wtf is it ? i mean the guy didnt try the pedal right ?

• Members

I'm certain that the level of sincerity you're exhibiting in here will be reflected quite clearly in the style of your "reviews."
:wave:

Do your worst. I never called you dishonest. I didn't even notice you posted in here. I was responding to Phil's post...
You simply recognized yourself when you read these words:

When you're trying to take advantage of someone's honest error, you become the dishonest party.

If the guy from Bananas orders 100 BOM's to cover his orders, are you going to charge him for them?

Archived