OT: American Graffiti, Dazed & Confused, Breakfast Club...?

• Members

Okay, so American Graffiti is the definitive American youth culture film about the early 60s

americangraffiti1.jpg

Dazed & Confused is the definitive American youth culture film about the mid 70s

dazed-and-confused.jpg

and The Breakfast Club is the definitive American youth culture film about the mid 80s

large_12584.jpg

So what are the definitive American youth culture films for the 90s and the Millenials?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

90's is probably Kids

I've never seen it. Now I gotta rent it immediately.

I ask because my wife is not American, so I just introduced her to The Breakfast Club and American Graffiti for the first time this week. It made me think of the question.

BTW sorry for mispelling Graffiti.

• Members

I've never seen it. Now I gotta rent it immediately.

I ask because my wife is not American, so I just introduced her to The Breakfast Club and American Graffiti for the first time this week. It made me think of the question.

BTW sorry for mispelling Graffiti.

It's actually a pretty {censored}ing disturbing movie. It's about teenagers having wild rampant sex and getting AIDS. It includes a pretty intense rape scene at the end.

• Members

Ok this isnt the place to ask but since you guys are talking about old films....How good is A clockwork orange?

{censored}ing amazing. It's an extremely good film and you owe it to yourself to watch it.

• Members

'Clerks' for the '90's?

I guess not being American I can't really give a correct answer, however, as pretty much all of the developed world is farmed on US pop culture maybe I can nominate with a degree of enlightenment.....?

Archived