Old School HCFXers : Who's left?

BR4D

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2001 though i've been on hc since 98'

i miss olle, dot dot dot, fernmeister, kestral ...

i'm glad bieke is still around.

I miss all those guys too.

I've never really gone away, I just post a lot less on the forums because I play less these days. Also, I sometimes prefer to have some discussions over on TGP, because the "retard teenage poster" factor on HC can be ridiculous, especially over on the Amps forum.

• Members

I'm a 1 yr. n00b here, though not a kid. I'm glad to see some designers are still contributing here - PureTube, Howard Davis, Zachary Vex, Catalinbread, TweedBassman, etc.

I have no idea how the current state of the forum compares to the past, but something I've noticed is that there are a deluge of dead-end posts. It's like everyone wants to start their own post, but few want to contribute to any with intelligent answers. Is that because the majority of OPs are shallow and not worth responding to? Is it because everyone wants to be center of attention, and when they aren't, they get bored? Has it always been this way?

I think part of it is that for people who have been here a long time, most of the threads you see posted now recycle questions that have been asked and answered in-depth years ago. That's probably why you don't see too many answers that are as in-depth as before. And I think most of the older players on here are interested mostly in hearing abouts hands-on reviews of stuff. Also, let's face it, a lot of the old-school guys like me just aren't on here as much as we used to. We now have day jobs and kids and {censored}. :)

I think there's less of a sense of community on here than there was in the pre-Musician's Friend days. I mean, hell, I even own an HCFX shirt. Remember the Tour Boxes? Do we even do those anymore? In this forum I think there was a good span of time, mostly between 2002 and 2004, that a lot of same-aged guys were experimenting with the same things, and we came on here to discuss it all. It was often very exciting and fun. But it's like life, you know? People get older, priorities change, and people drift hither and yon.

I still have some pretty good discussions on here and I continue to meet cool people through HC. It's just a shame that you have to weed through so much crap these days. I rarely say this, but HC is definitely a place that could do with some serous moderation...

• Members

I've been around for a long time. I never really post that much but I have learned a lot of useless and useful info from this place.

I've never been into making "friends" on the internet but there's a few guys here who I have a lot of time for and would probably let them buy me a beer.

The forum has changed a lot lately as pointed out by someone a few days ago, its basically the same 10-15 people posting different shades of the same old {censored} these days. But then again I don't miss seeing that {censored}ing FA-1 every day!

• Members
People get
older

you have to weed through so much crap these days. I rarely say this, but HC is definitely a place that could do with some serious
moderation

As Wilbo26 would say "Get off my lawn!"

Except for the classifieds, where more and more teens are scamming on deals, the boards have become increasingly civilized over the past three years. One major exception was a certain character (let's just say "from Ireland"), and when I mentioned the moderators were slacking a bit, BOOM, we got that "respect" sticky. I guess a sticky is better than over-patrolling though. :cop:

But a fun troll like m______(Man Show boy) would bring some welcome comedy-relief I think!

• Members

Monkey knife fighters signoffs used to kill me... And that Peter Regial bloke? Wow what was that about...

I miss delorean (ian).... We used to have pissups in the Angel Pub, again i miss those.. me Muscated and zhivago used to be the last men standing... well, me and Muscated used to hold zhivago up! :cop:

I agree though, its not the same, and probably stupid for us to think it would stay the same... but the sense of community has gone i agree, there are some new folk who remind me of old times... melx is one.

Archived