Old School HCFXers : Who's left?

BR4D

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Aw.
:)

I might stay and play. It doesn't look like much has changed.

There aren't as many old faces or they don't post as much; they are all scattered and some have made their own business and getting a piece of the boutique pie. OT's are still rampant as heck though. People like it that way i guess.

• Members

Yay, glad to see I coaxed Andi back here! :)

As for Kestral, didn't he post a while back that he had largely abandoned effects because he knows plays all-acoustic music? If I remember correctly Kestral once had an insane homemade three-tier pedalboard full of stuff.

• Members

There aren't as many old faces or they don't post as much; they are all scattered and some have made their own business and getting a piece of the boutique pie.

I think we're going to see a lot of small builders struggle over the next few years, which is a great shame. I'd be very glad to be proven wrong though. I was far from being one of the first, of course, but there seems to have been an enormous explosion.

• Members

I think we're going to see a lot of small builders struggle over the next few years, which is a great shame. I'd be very glad to be proven wrong though. I was far from being one of the first, of course, but there seems to have been an enormous explosion.

I have a feeling that the recession and weak dollar will have a big impact on all the niche or marginal FX makers. Consumers, especially those in the U.S., will have less to spend on non-essential purchases.

• Members

lots of familiar names, also missing

bear (colin from EA), hookstraped, fernmeister, sstim8r (or something like that), Backstepper, Argali, Keithwell, telepaul, leftside, Ineedapseudonym, keramat, us2bslim, blungo, espechemode, palthegiraffe, negative sleep, morello13, oxygen, Fourth Floor, skatan, pontiusplaymate, Bruce Bennett, socialmanipulation/Devi, megaboogie and others

• Members

bear (colin from EA), hookstraped, fernmeister, sstim8r (or something like that), Backstepper, Argali, Keithwell, telepaul, leftside, Ineedapseudonym, keramat, us2bslim, blungo, espechemode, palthegiraffe, negative sleep, morello13, oxygen, Fourth Floor, skatan, pontiusplaymate, Bruce Bennett, socialmanipulation/Devi, megaboogie and others

Hey, I'm still here. :)

And yeah, I've definitely missed a lot of the names you've mentioned. Almost forgot about Bear, Oxygen (whom I did several great trades with), Negative Sleep and Fenrmeister.

Has anyone checked to see if some of these guys just drifted off to TGP? I know I spent about a year on there without even looking at HC - that was shortly after the MF takeover.

Also, I really miss A Very Sad Turtle. I've tried to find him on the Web, but to no avail.

You know, one thing that could really improve the forums is if they overhauled the search engine. It sucks, and therefore a lot of rote threads keep getting recycled, like "what's the best tuner," "DD-20 vs. DL-4," etc.

• Members

Has anyone checked to see if some of these guys just drifted off to TGP?

Yeah, some of those guys are still around on TGP and/or private forums and such. I think Fern hangs out on the Christian Musician Forum these days.

• Members

shhh. I'm lurking in cognito :thu:
several other names on that list are lurking around too.

Hey to all the "Brians". Tonefactor looks excellent.. BTW.

and Indyguitarist, I tried like heck to speak with you at Summer NAMM. last month.. but your booth was just never empty when ever I wandered by... So maybe next NAMM..

Brian Marshall and I got into a excellent discussion/arguement at Winter NAMM, he's a super nice cat.. ( heck, anyone that can put up with me for any amount of time has my admiration) and I had a few drinks with Steve Daniels from Small Bear.

I'm always around.. but I don't post much in EX forum as I'm kinda busy with guitars as of late.. but thats always changeing...
if any one needs me ( yeah, right.) just post my name.. I search for it everyday.

Archived