If you had so much money, Would you have a massive massive rig?

tubezipper

• Members
Yeah, me too.I think I'd have more amps though.

I would love to have a stereo rig.

I'd also have many, many guitars.

i'm with this guy...definitely stereo. i'd have a set of vintage taurus bass pedals, doubleneck(s), and a sick pedalboard. since i'm rich, there's someone on call in case something goes wrong. also, i can afford a rehersal building...{censored}, i'd have a metal rig, a prog rig, a reggae rig, and a jam band rig. that'd be enough. the prog rig would be the biggest, and the reggae rig would be the smallest, with just a vintage strat or semihollow, a wah, and a roland jazz chorus. the prog rig would rival petrucci's... :rawk:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd probably get the Cornford Hellcat and, seeing how that's two channel, that would do away with my need for dirt pedals. I'd probably then buy something like a TC Electronic Nova System and that would be me all set.

I would also really, really love to get a Line 6 Vetta II. I think it would be a great amp to mess around with. :love:

• Members

IMHO you dont need more than 2 combos 4-5 guitars and a bunch of pedals. That's what I've got now. I'd probably trade one of my amps for something better, if money was no object but everything does what it's supposed to.

If you think having lots of money to buy gear makes you happy there's another forum you could visit...

• Members

I'd do what a few others have said. I'd probably buy a half dozen guitars and amps and two PT Pros worth of pedals, but I'd still keep a normal-sized rig for gigging/jamming. The rest would just be for home use (and to add some variety to my usable rig).

• Members

Hmmm. If I had the money, I'd add the following to my collection:

Amps:

-Allen Amps Sweet Spot
-Cornell Legacy 30

Effects:

-Liquid Sunshine
-Subdecay Prometheus
-Pigtronix Echolution
-Empress Superdelay
-Baja Tech MOAF
-Foxrox Paradox flanger

Guitars:

-Custom built 355.
-Epiphone SG
-Something with single coils
-A nice Martin-style acoustic

Extras:

-decent pair of microphones for recording in stereo
-recording unit
-Studer tape machine plus tape operator :)

• Members

If I was rolling in it I'd collect gear more than buy it for one massive rig. I'd love to buy some vintage amps and their respective fullstacks. (OR 120, old Green Matamp 140, a Hiwatt, Sunn Model T, Superlead or Superbass :blah:) and a vintage Flying V and RD. Thats pretty much it

I'm superbly happy with my rig as now and would have no problem throwing it in a van and touring with it.

I'd also rig up a nice recording studio with some old Ludwig Vistalites. I wouldn't mind owning a few basses like a Rickenbacker and a vintage P bass. Buy a 8x10 and a couple traynor 4x15s for that :D Probably a modded crybaby, a bass synth, and another supercollider for pedals.

I want lots of amps and lots of cabs...I'm set for effects and guitars really.

• Members

I'd probably repair/upgrade some of the gear I have now....and then decide if it's what I want or not. I'd definitely have some shopping to do...but flavor of the week, it would take me a while. I find if I start shopping without any money I can get a bit depressed....

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Amps: I would seek out and buy a Trainwreck, buy a Fuchs, and buy a Dumble- then torment Mr. Dumble constantly buy calling him and telling him how much better the Fuchs sounds, heh heh. Seriously, instead of going "massive", I would probably just get things custom made to my exact specs, both for function and cosmetics.

Guitars: Same as above, but pay someone else to assemble everything.

• Members

If I had the money, I would live in my own homebuilt studio and buy everything I could possibly think of music gear related.

It would be nasty, nasty fun.

Now that I have thought a bit more about it, I like your approach. Accumulate top-shelf gear for recording at home, and build a proper space for it, too. 1176's, LA-2A's, an old Neve board....you get the idea.

• Members

I'd get an AC30 or a Twin for cleans, a Marshall JCM800 for dirt, lots of new guitars setup for different tunings etc, a {censored}ton of pedals, and some kind of rack/ground control switching system. I'd keep the pedals onstage and not in the rack so I could mess with the settings when we jam, but I'd switch presets with the ground control.

Archived