If you had so much money, Would you have a massive massive rig?

tubezipper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't have a massive rig but I would go RACK!

My dream stadium rig would be 2 Dr. Z MAZ 38 heads mounted in a rackcase, some kind of T.C. Electronics rack delay/chorus/reverb unit, 2 shelves w/ my current pedal setup control by a GCX or similar switcher. I'd have 2 Hard Truckers 2x12 cabs and for my pedal board I'd only need a vol pedal, wah and midi controller.

What is everybody's dream touring rig?

• Members

I'd probably use a real Space Echo and spring reverb unit instead of digital emulations thereof. But really, that's about it. A great guitar, a great amp, and a couple of great effects. :idk:

As long as someone else was carrying, maybe I'd get a vox and run it in stereo with my Fender.

• Members

no, i'dd just buy a nice amp (maybe 2, one for clean and one for dirt) and a really nice guitar. I'dd use some different pedals but i'll know my pedalboard won't be that big. 2/3 delays, a verb, some fuzz, some dirt and a trem and 2 effects to do weird stuff

people around here forget quite often that boutique gear =/= good songs/players

• Members

I'm actually really happy w/ my gear right now. If anything, I'd like a smaller/lighter amp than my Tremoverb (which I'd never get rid of)

I'd love to have a {censored}load of stuff to play, but like someone else said, I doubt it'd all be in my "rig."

I mean, with the addition of the Mesa, I'm pretty much in the same spot as Dap. I've got 2 killer guitars, a great (and functional) pedalboard, a travel amp, and a badass 50 watt Mesa. :love: Honestly, I'll probably still swap a few pedals because I can't help it, and the jury's still out on the Epi Dot -- but the majority of my rig makes me :) quite often.

• Members

If I suddenly had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd probably buy another amp or two, and maybe a hollowbody guitar. I don't think I'd go crazy though. I already have most of the pedals I want. I might buy a couple more, but I really don't want to have too much invested in gear no matter how much money I have. I'm not/nor will ever be a full-time professional player, so it would be rather embarrassing to have a ton of gear. I'd rather spend the money on other endeavors, or even help out the less fortunate (sorry to be such a buzzkill).

• Members

I would probably have a few amps, one from most of the major brands.

Vox (AC30, got it covered).

Hiwatt (Custom 50)

Orange (AD30 perhaps)

Fender (Twin Reverb or similar)

I do prefer combos so it wouldn't take up too much room.

When it comes to guitars, I would probably have one Telecaster (Paisley :love:), one Jazzmaster (sunburst probably), ES-335 (cherry) and a P90 SG. I'm not sure what else I could need.

Not a huge pedalboard either, just a nice overdrive or two, a distortion, weird fuzz, a delay or two and that's that.

• Members
I'd love to have a {censored}load of stuff to play, but like someone else said, I doubt it'd all be in my "rig."

I mean, with the addition of the Mesa, I'm pretty much in the same spot as Dap. I've got 2 killer guitars, a great (and functional) pedalboard, a travel amp, and a badass 50 watt Mesa.
:love:
Honestly, I'll probably still swap a few pedals because I can't help it, and the jury's still out on the Epi Dot -- but the majority of my rig makes me
:)
quite often.

Yeah, it's weird. I've always wanted a Gibson ES-335, but the Ibanez Artstar I have plays awesome and sounds amazing w/ the GFS Mean90s I have in it now. And it sounded amazing w/ the Gibby Classic 57s I had before. If anything, I'd get another semi-hollow to put those Classic 57s in. But I guess if I had lotsa moniez, I'd buy the ES-335. But then again, I might just look for another Ibanez.

I like the idea of a bunch of amps, but in all honesty, I get too overwhelmed w/ all that variety and I'd feel guilty having all that stuff if I didn't play it enough.

If I had lotsa moniez, that would mean I could afford to work less or not at all and spend my time the way I want to - backpacking, making pedals, etc. I'd rather have more time than gear at this point in my life!

• Members

oddly enough i think i would keep the amps i have now and my biggest purchase would be a mark IIc+ or two of them to add to those.

Then it would just be a question of building a few more boards with sounds that i have sacrificed on for both space and money.

I would also probably add 3 or 4 new guitars but i would only be looking for tones drastically different than what i have now and i only own a strat so that wouldnt be hard.

Archived