They say a man should always dress for the job he wants

RoboPimp

Well I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl
But she didn't tell me her credit was bad
So now instead of living in a pleasant suburb, we're living in the basement at her mom and dad's...

Catchy and clever - at least in terms of effectiveness. Love 'em or hate 'em, they get the message across and you definitely remember the name of the "brand".

But I wouldn't really recommend signing up for it due to the charges after the initial "free" period...

• Members

Reminds me of a MUCH less funny version of Judge Reinholdt's pirate-driving scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"Buy a new Sony, they make great TV's....
Well well well well well now
Don't let nobody tell ya
that there's nothin' to do."

• Members

For those who don't know...

Federal law requires the 3 big credit reporting agencies to provide FREE credit reports once a year if you request it. The official site is here:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

It's really easy to do, and are ACTUALLY free. So, while those "Free Credit Report" commercials are fun and effective, they are somewhat misleading.

• Members

For those who don't know...

Federal law requires the 3 big credit reporting agencies to provide FREE credit reports once a year if you request it. The official site is here:

It's really easy to do, and are ACTUALLY free. So, while those "Free Credit Report" commercials are fun and effective, they are somewhat misleading.

very astute of you, recovery.

what he said is 100% correct.

that's the REAL free credit report daht kahm, biotches....

• Members

BEWARE!

I tried free credit report 4 years ago. I cancelled but they charged me anyway (about $80 billed to Experian). I called and they refunded it, but had to wait over a week, and of course it could have actually cost a lot more to unexpectedly be charged.

Shortly after, I started getting harassing calls every day from a collection agency that would actually scream at me, wanting TWICE as much money. I asked for their address and they said they didn't have one, web and phone only. Later I got notice by mail from Experian, which didn't give a phone or web, only an address. The calls finally stopped but I have yet to find out if I have a black mark on my credit from this.

I have heard they aren't that bad anymore, but consider this is a company that advertises on TV and ebay. Moreover, the parent company (at least at that time) is a company the entire nation trusts for credit reports. I give Experian a credit score of 0.

Oops, left off the bonus part. The "free" credit report they gave me was a year out of date, useless, as proved by paying for a legit report and comparing theirs to my old one.

Archived