VERY OT: Chas SuperThread ( or "I'm not the one or the ones posting as ...")

ChasIII

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

palejosey2xn9.jpg

not a good photo ... I've been meaning to take this for practically months now ... somebody's got the pale rider (I don't think it's Mr. Wales) in their window ... Of course, as I'm trying to manually focus the camera, the owner pulls up in a big truck ... "You like my picture?"

Pretty cool pic!

Were you the one that did "Josey Wales and the Pussycats?"

My new quote: "You gonna fix that mix or whistle Dixie?"

• Members

There are thousands and thousands of songs on those charts!

most of while are inactive at any given time, in the sense that if there's no active link to them, there's generally no-one listening... i've had a #1 in covers, #2 in experimental (for some reason the same track has been #1 for about 96 months), and quite a few top 10s... just on the basis of links here and a couple of other synth boards...

...it's still nice though, when your track does well :D

• Members

most of while are inactive at any given time, in the sense that if there's no active link to them, there's generally no-one listening... i've had a #1 in covers, #2 in experimental (for some reason the same track has been #1 for about 96 months), and quite a few top 10s... just on the basis of links here and a couple of other synth boards...

...it's still nice though, when your track does well
:D

Hey, could it have anything to do with the amount of times a song or page is played or visited? Just a thought. Maybe?

• Members

Hello. I went to Sam Ash today and played a large number of synths. I played a nord Electro 76, Alesis Micron, Moog little fatty, and a few others. The micron sounded pretty good compared to the Ion. Maybe the effects make a difference. I came very close to buying a micron today. I was afraid taht if i bought it I would get it home and it would start to sound bad to my ears. Then, if that happen I would start to tell people on KSS what I though of the Micron, like I complained so much about the Alesis Ion. So I did not buy it. I saved KSS from my possible "crazy talk" about some synth not sounding just right.

I did just buy an Ensoniq ESQ-1 for a very good price. The battery is on the verge of going dead but I can still save patches on the cart. I hope I can use it on some of my recordings Im working on right now.

Thats it.:thu:

• Members

I did just buy an Ensoniq ESQ-1 for a very good price. The battery is on the verge of going dead but I can still save patches on the cart. I hope I can use it on some of my recordings Im working on right now.

Thats it.
:thu:

The micron has much faster envelopes than the ESQ-1; but some complain about a lack of "bite" in the high-end. THis has been attributed to the aggressive anti-aliasing.

If you're more into warm than cut, you'll love the Micron.

The ESQ-1 definitely has a metallic sort of edge; love the sounds of the curtiss filters too. Micron almost 100 percent replaces the ESQ, plus you'll get capabilities you don't have on ESQ, mostly diff filters, better mod routings, and snappy envelopes.

Also 2 op fm.

Archived