Honeymoon Skreddy Echo Review

RoboPimp

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, I seriously doubt that Robo is even the slightest bit phased about his temp ban. He's probably shocked that he wasn't banned on several occasions prior.

As for the Phil-challenging, WTF? No one likes to be in the position of crowd-control, but someone has to do it. Give our moderator a break already.

As for the N word, using any variation of it in the neighborhoods I've worked in will get your ass kicked, which should be enough to be sensitive to it. If you insist on your rights to free speech, then do more than argue with Phil about it on an effects forum. Have some real balls and go place yourself in an all black neighborhood and really fight for your right to free speech. :poke:

• Members
As for the N word, using any variation of it in the neighborhoods I've worked in will get your ass kicked, which should be enough to be sensitive to it. If you insist on your rights to free speech, then do more than argue with Phil about it on an effects forum. Have some real balls and go place yourself in an all black neighborhood and
really
fight for your right to free speech. :poke:

having grown up in detroit, i can say if you drop the n-bomb there...you're just one of the crowd :facepalm:

• Members

As for the N word, using any variation of it in the neighborhoods I've worked in will get your ass kicked, which should be enough to be sensitive to it. If you insist on your rights to free speech, then do more than argue with Phil about it on an effects forum. Have some real balls and go place yourself in an all black neighborhood and
really
fight for your right to free speech. :poke:

What, go into a black neighbourhood and say "naggers"? Why would anyone take offence at that? :poke:

• Members

Or the non-use of that word considering the word implied by the South Park connotation was naggers. But fair enough Phil ban who you like, but this one was still bollocks in the extreme.

I don't think he should have been banned, but come on. In a thread where someone was just banned for using a distant derivative of the n-word, I think it is fair to assume that that n* is implying the same thing. Yes it actually stood for naggers, but the whole point was that it appeared to be something else.

• Members

I don't think he should have been banned, but come on. In a thread where someone was just banned for using a distant derivative of the n-word, I think it is fair to assume that that n* is implying the same thing. Yes it actually stood for naggers, but the whole point was that it appeared to be something else.

But this is exactly the point. If you'd assumed that it was implying something else then you would have assumed incorrectly. The post was clearly and obviously related to South Park and even if you don't know that particular episode, an explanation has been given in subsequent posts. If someone does use the "real" N word then a ban is fair enough IMO because we all know the rules, but a ban for a totally different N word is a bit much especially when the origin of the post has been explained. It's basically a ban for using a word that contains some of the same letters as the "N-word" :idk:

• Members
So ban me then as well Phil
:idk:
. It was a quote from an episode of South Park that managed to pass the criteria for being presented on US and UK TV and is considerably less offensive in that context than people using the word {censored} in their posts which seems to happen every day on HC. So why a ban and the bull{censored}?

C*n't!

• Members
But this is exactly the point. If you'd assumed that it was implying something else then you would have assumed incorrectly. The post was clearly and obviously related to South Park and even if you don't know that particular episode, an explanation has been given in subsequent posts. If someone does use the "real" N word then a ban is fair enough IMO because we all know the rules, but a ban for a totally different N word is a bit much especially when the origin of the post has been explained. It's basically a ban for using a word that contains some of the same letters as the "N-word"
:idk:

It is a ban for implying the n word. Again, I agree that he should not have been banned, but I see Phil's point.

If you created a thread and said "Hey [forumite], you are a f*g" you would probably be banned. Sure you could say "I meant he was a fig" but it is pretty obvious what the implication was.

• Members

OK folks, I just lifted both Robo and thefragile103's temp bans...

However, I hope I've made my point - I don't want to see any use of the N word, or anything that could suggest it is being alluded to or used. If I do, I won't be lifting the temp bans next time.

Thanks Phil, im really sorry, i meant no offense. And for the record, i had no idea that Robo had been banned earlier in the thread, i was just lookin through threads and i saw that reference to that south park episode without really reading anything else. Again, im sorry, thanks for lifting the ban.

• Members

Free speech isn't about having the right to use certain words, free speech is about having the right to dissagree, to voice your opinion, to tell people what you believe without fear of inprisonment, death or other punishment. It's pretty offensive to suggest that this thread has anything to do with free speech...in fact as certain people have already expressed the opinion that they don't agree with the ban, without being banned themselves i would suggest that this forum does alllow 'free speech'.

• Members

Free speech isn't about having the right to use certain words, free speech is about having the right to dissagree, to voice your opinion, to tell people what you believe without fear of inprisonment, death or other punishment. It's pretty offensive to suggest that this thread has anything to do with free speech...in fact as certain people have already expressed the opinion that they don't agree with the ban, without being banned themselves i would suggest that this forum does alllow 'free speech'.

Europwnd

Archived