Honeymoon Skreddy Echo Review

RoboPimp

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Free speech isn't about having the right to use certain words, free speech is about having the right to dissagree, to voice your opinion, to tell people what you believe without fear of inprisonment, death or other punishment. It's pretty offensive to suggest that this thread has anything to do with free speech...in fact as certain people have already expressed the opinion that they don't agree with the ban, without being banned themselves i would suggest that this forum does alllow 'free speech'.

+1

• Members
Yeah.... generally speaking, I can't stand Robo and his trollish bull{censored}.

lol...

rainbow_smiley2.gif

so anyway...

It turns out the "tone suckage" issue isn't really an issue at "gig volumes". Not sure if it's just not noticeable or if using buffered pedals in front of it kinda evened things out or what. I didn't notice it tho. I was using it for atmospheric type delays.

Really a great sounding pedal. I wish I could keep it for ever and ever! I was calling it the "fourth dimension" pedal at the gig ... just step on it and it began warping the time/space continuum... I was a bit buzzed but it was blowing me away.

it seriously sounds like it's in stereo or something. amazing modulation.

The trim pot for the delay line is cranked and even with the mix set all the way dry I felt the tone was "compromised" when the pedal was activated It seemed like compressed or something when I would really hit the strings hard. This was using a fender dual showman reverb which is a very clean, clear amp so maybe that's part of it. I dunno. I'll mess around with it more today with some different amps and guitars and see if I'm still hearing it. Like I said it didn't seem to be a problem at the gig.

Talking to marc I think it's mainly a headroom issue. Even with the mix all the way dry it's still going thru the circuit and slamming the strings is hitting the ceiling. I think because the dual showman has a lot of headroom you could hear the pedal's limit being reached. Also might explain why thru my marshall at loud volumes it wasn't a problem. Marc suggested I try 18v but I don't have an 18v adapter. I am using a 12v FWIW. Overall I feel that it's not bad enough to be a real deal breaker with this pedal but I also feel like if I can hear it I should mention it. The one thing that would concern me is this was with my strat which has pretty weak single coils, I'll try it later with one of my bucker guitars and see what happens.

I don't have any real experience with a genuine echoplex but this pedal sounds very cool. I only wish I could afford it :cry:

• 3 months later...
  • Members

thanks for the bump, very entertaining read. I don't know how I missed this the first time 'round.

I think the whole banning fiasco would have never happened, except for the fact that Robopimp has many enemies who would like to see him banned. Therefore he will get reported for the smallest offenses.

Archived