First Presidential Debate

echodeluxe

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, IMO, McCain DID get pwnd! (again IMHO)... McCain's answers came acrossed as contrived and pre-planned. Obama seemed more natural and in the moment. I'm no fool, I know that both guys practiced, but Obama came across as WAY more natural.

And make NO mistake - Pakistan is a serious friggin' threat and that's why Obama kept bringing it up. Bin Laden is most likely there! That's where all the Al Queda folk are situated prior to performing operations in Afghanistan. Obama was making a statement and rightfully so.

Again (IMHO) agree or not, Obama won that debate. And I say that as someone who isn't sold on voting for the guy.

• Members

As usual, neither candidate said much of anything specific. Strangely though, neither candidate was particularly vicious in his attacks of the other.

I think much of this has to do with the fact that they both realize that the new president will be stepping into a completely {censored}ed situation. The economy, fuel crisis and the war are massive problems, and it will be difficult to get much of anything accomplished whatsoever. After the shakeup in the economy this week, both of these dudes are probably suffering from some weakening resolve.

• Members

McSame needed a big win, this was his night of strength (foreign policy) and he really didn't own the night at all. Tie perhaps, which is really a win for Obama all around. Obama made some tactical errors he won't make again. McSame is in trouble, and the economy is going to do him in, because he has no plan, no clue.

• Members

wtf, i dont think this is true at all. his policy on pakistan is on point, baby. obama wants to run in their guns blazing. pakistan has nukes man! if we go in there like obama wants to, they are gonna nuke some {censored}. {censored}.

1. pakistan does have nukes, but they are all aimed at india.

2. they do not have a delivery system to launch them at the US.

3. obama is not talking about invading. he is talking about surgical strikes to take out known targets. something we've been doing anyway, and mccain would continue to do as well. I guarantee if mccain was prez, and we knew where osama was, at the very least there would be a cruise missile on it's way.

I didn't see anyone score any huge points in this debate, but i did like the jab obama had about mccain singing 'bomb bomb bomb iran'

• Members

Anyone predicting how the VP debate will go? I saw the clip with Palin on Katie Couric, trying to explain her foreign policy experience because Alaska is next to Russia. The whole interview was a trainwreck. For this reason alone, I could never vote for McCain.

• Members

the average mail life expectancy in the US is 75. john mccain is 72. if something happened to him sarah palin would be our president. can anyone honestly say that you'd be comfortable with that.

it's a good point, but a point that hasn't worked in the past. Reagan was 70 when he became president in 1981. Walter Mondale tried to use this tactic in 1984 when Reagan was 74 and Reagan embarrassed him in the debate. Also, did you see McCain Mother who is the fittest 96 year old I've ever seen.

• Members
We won?
:confused:

You believe the Bush/McCain BS? Go ahead. We accomplished Mission Iraqi Freedom. We conquered Iraq, started a Democracy, started a representative government, held elections, they executed Saddam Hussein. Soldiers died for Mission Iraqi Freedom. We won the war! We're cleaning up the mess we made and you've been told the Iraq war isn't won yet? Don't believe the lie1

• Members

it's a good point, but a point that hasn't worked in the past. Reagan was 70 when he became president in 1981. Walter Mondale tried to use this tactic in 1984 when Reagan was 74 and Reagan embarrassed him in the debate. Also, did you see McCain Mother who is the fittest 96 year old I've ever seen.

yes and Reagan was also possibly suffering from Alzheimers during his last years in office.

• Members

You believe the Bush/McCain BS? Go ahead. We accomplished Mission Iraqi Freedom. We conquered Iraq, started a Democracy, started a representative government, held elections, they executed Saddam Hussein. Soldiers died for Mission Iraqi Freedom. We won the war! We're cleaning up the mess we made and you've been told the Iraq war isn't won yet? Don't believe the lie1

Troops are still dying. I don't think we have "won".

• Members

I didn't expect to post a response in this thread, was honestly just curious to take a peek. I am genuinely surprised by how mild the reactions to McCain are! He rarely made any sense for any length of time, dodged the questions & even did a PERFECT "W" signature evil laugh at one point. His age doesn't bother me at bit, what does is that I don't think he would make a good president OR that he really has a clue what is going on in our country.

I would've liked to hear them BOTH talk more about the bail-out, as I'm sure everyone would've, and I would've liked to hear Obama be a bit more forceful in defending himself with specific responses to McCains attacks. I haven't forgotten Kerry or Gore's defeats yet, and I was genuinely surprised by voters responses to Bush in both of those elections. . . :facepalm: Doesn't everyone crave a President who seems smart & capable? Shouldn't our president be able to write his own book? Work for his own education? Send his own e-mails?

• Members

Not sure who caught the first interview w/ Palin w/ Charlie Gibson (which IMO was a huge mistake on her part), she didn't do any better w/ Katie Couric. If nothing else, just skip to 5:23. But I really encourage watching the entire clip. But FWIW, everyone really needs to watch the Ralph Nader documetary, "Ralph Nader, an Unreasonable Man", to truly get a handle on American politics (sorry to minimize it in such a way, but srsly...)

[YOUTUBE]Vbg6hF0nShQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
I haven't forgotten Kerry or Gore's defeats yet, and I was genuinely surprised by voters responses to Bush in both of those elections. . .
:facepalm:
Doesn't everyone crave a President who seems smart & capable? Shouldn't our president be able to write his own book? Work for his own education? Send his own e-mails?

I think it's pretty vital now. We are in a crises.

Anybody catch the news about washington mutual (I think that's the name)? The last big bank that went down. CEO walked out with nearly 20 million dollars. His name was Fishman or something. You know how long he was a CEO? 17 days.

This golden parachute trend has got to stop.

• Members

I think it's pretty vital now. We are in a crises.

Anybody catch the news about washington mutual (I think that's the name)? The last big bank that went down. CEO walked out with nearly 20 million dollars. His name was Fishman or something. You know how long he was a CEO? 17 days.

This golden parachute trend has got to stop.

Exactly.

• Members

Not sure who caught the first interview w/ Palin w/ Charlie Gibson (which IMO was a huge mistake on her part), she didn't do any better w/ Katie Couric. If nothing else, just skip to 5:23. But I really encourage watching the entire clip. But FWIW, everyone really needs to watch the Ralph Nader documetary, "Ralph Nader, an Unreasonable Man", to truly get a handle on American politics (sorry to minimize it in such a way, but srsly...)

palin is horrible and extremely inexperience, but it was a tactical move by the RNC as the vice presidential pick historically doesn't contribute much to swaying the election one way or another.

• Members

palin is horrible and extremely inexperience, but it was a tactical move by the RNC as the vice presidential pick historically doesn't contribute much to swaying the election one way or another.

Palin gave McCain his 15 days of bump... By now we are over how hot she would be as a VPILF. I am sick of her {censored}ing glasses. Thats the only thing of substance I have to say about her.

Archived