Awesome Superfuzz Mod

echodeluxe

• Members
It'd probably help if you could drill straight too.

+1 to Drunk Drilling...and not in a good way. :facepalm:

And how is that "comforting to know that there are people out there who will do whatever their customers want" when it is 'outside' of your company and voids their warranty?!?!?!?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think some of you guys might be getting a little carried away with this. This wasn't a "custom order". These guys had already bought their pedals from a dealer in Berkeley. They asked echodeluxe if it was possible to add a booster stage to the pedal. Echodeluxe took the job completely separate and apart from Wattson because Wattson doesn't do pedal mods. It would be no different than if someone had asked him to mod an EH or Dunlop pedal. I've seen countless other posts by people who have done similar mods to other pedals, and nobody jumped down their throat for the lack of tidiness. In fact, when echodeluxe posted his diode-modded Muff, everyone seemed to think it was really cool.

It's pretty much standard procedure that any modification or repair not done by the company would void the warranty, even if it was done as a side job by a company employee. Echodeluxe knew this, and is offering his own warranty to cover the pedal. Next to me, echodeluxe is probably better qualified than anyone else in the world to repair that pedal because he's built, tested, and repaired dozens of them.

I don't think echodeluxe deserves all the {censored} you guys are flinging at him. He worked with the customers to determine what they wanted and how it would be done, and he did a decent job of building it. If anyone else had posted a mod to a Wattson SuperFuzz I doubt anyone would be giving them crap about the switch not being perfectly aligned, or less than pristine solder joints.

So, lighten up! It works, it sounds great, and it's what the customers wanted! Besides, I'm glad to see him staying busy with electronics while we're waiting for the next batch of enclosures to come in.

• Members

Is there any sight more predictable, yet enjoyable, than watching a thread go down in flames? It truly never gets old.

:lol:

echo, I think you would have been better off just saying "mystery builder mods Wattson Superfuzzes! WHY ARE THE SWITCHES SO CLOSE WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!" My motto is to always have a scapegoat for anything that you do, even if the scapegoat doesn't actually exist.

• Members
Hey man, you're mod that you did yourself, by yourself, not for your company, for a custom order, probably instructed by the customer to be that close and exactly like that, looks like {censored}.

.....you guys are pricks

Hey!!!

Nobody is allowed to state their opinion here!! It's a forum you assholes!!1 Echo made the choice to put himself out there with this thread. I don't see how he is getting flamed at all.

And if it was my money, I would have to :facepalm:. But whatevs

Archived