Awesome Superfuzz Mod

echodeluxe

• Members

dang.

i did this sweet mod for these two guys who had superfuzzes. they wanted me to build some boosts into their superfuzzes. WELL OKAY THEN.

sfmod3.jpg

here they are after the mod. the boost pot is on the right.

gutshots!!!

the pot from the inside:

sfmod2.jpg

the boost board and new switch:

sfmod1.jpg

the boost is a very simple common emitter amp, using a 2n3904. its wired up so the boost can be used independent of the superfuzz. its also post-superfuzz circuit, so it doesnt affect the tone, just makes it hell of loud. and i mean LOUD.

and of course they each have an LED for the boost.

it was a fun mod, and it sounds great. not that the superfuzz isnt loud enough as it is, but these guys are looking to punish their amps.

these mods are not Wattson mods, as Wattson does not modify our products. this is a mod i offer independent of Wattson. the mod does nullify the Wattson warranty, but i will put my own warranty in place for a year.

either way, this thread was just intended to show off a mod, not sell anything.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats the battery box.

the ratty lookin part i just noticed. its the end of the wire i twisted around the lug. i didnt notice that it was sticking out like that till just now. im gonna clip it off. the soldering is fine.

so, we are up to two negative comments so far. lonely night, guys?

okay, so three negative comments. no, the switch is a slide, and they dont care about that. they just wanted a boost.

and thats where they told me to put the switches.

{censored} man.

• Members

so defensive.

no, wait, maybe you are right, people who don't agree with you all the time don't get laid...

clearly.

just seems like a strange solution, there are so many great boosts in tiny boxes available now that that seems like the more flexible choice...

and btw, it's 3 negative comments so far. :thu:

• Members

just seems like a strange solution, there are so many great boosts in tiny boxes available now that that seems like the more flexible choice...

yeah thats what i told them, but they were adamant about having them IN the superfuzz. the customer is always right.

and btw, read my edited post above :thu:

• Members

what does lonely night mean where you come from?

man, if they want their fuzz to have onboard boost, and they're happy with the switches being really close together then it's all gravy, no? you're happy, they're happy everybody wins.

no need to get all grouchy because not everyone thinks it's a great idea.

• Members

im not getting laid. i honeslt was just trying to think of a way to say youre bored? i dunno.

anyway, it wasnt even my idea. it was theirs. i didnt think it was a good idea either, but what the hell.

i told them i would build them a couple LPB-2's for the same price but they wanted these :idk:

• Members

Sorry but this looks so awkward

Errr yeah.... sorry man, it's awkward looking and isn't it hard to hit on the switches? and yes, I read your previous post...

It's great that there's an added effect to an already awesome SuperFuzz but.... :rolleyes:

Keep it up man....

• Members

Of course you replace the pot with a resistor to ground to fake it being wide open, but it's still no louder than if it had had the pot, and that isn't particularly loud. Without blessing the appropriate idols and performing the delicate balancing act to perfectly match the five components involved in active amplification, I don't see how you could build it otherwise, and even then you might need a hotter transistor.

Archived