Lovepedal a kinda bad experience

jkg

• Members

Well, a year ago I bought a Vibe pedal from Lovepedal, it tooko a couple of weeks to hear from them (Sean) but finally we agreed on the shipping, etc.

it took some other weeks for the pedal to arrive, and i thought it would be the black pedal with the big knob, instead it was the white pedal with a small knob...Ok I can deal with it.

The pedal was great, great sound; but last August it began doing a loud POP whenever I pressed the switch, whether it was to turn it on or off, I contacted Lovepedal, it took some days for the reply, andhe gave me instructions on how to repair it, but there's no schematic for it, so, after some weeks (almost a month) we agreed on a replacement or refund, so I sent the pedal via UPS from Mexico ($47 dlls) to him, I had to buy a VOodoolab microvibe to replace the vibe, and wanted a replace the vibe with a purple plexi from lovepedal.

So by the end of november he sent the pedal to me, via USPS; 2 weeks later it hadn't arrived, I checked the tracking numberso I sent him an email asking what could be wrong, he told me he would check on USPS, on their website there wasn't any news on the tracking number, just that it was picked up on Michigan (where Lovepedal is). Couple of days later I sent another email to sean, and he replied that USPS told him to wait 45 days!!!! to see what happens with the package. What I don't like is that he waited 'til i sent him an email to reply. So, on this January 15th, I wrote him another email to see if he had checked with USPS, and he tells me that the pedal is there (I don't know how much time it was there, but he waited for me to write again!)

He tells me that the address was wrong, (Same address where the Vibe was sent the first time). So I send him the address, again, the SAME address where the purple plexi was sent, so he sent the PURPLE plexi (again)....

But this what I got... (see attachment file)

So...what's that pedal???? It isn't purple!!! hahahaha

It sounds good, a little noise when you roll the volume back.

It doesn't even looks like anything on their site, it doesn't reads Lovepedal anywhere.

I wrote him asking for any info on the pedal, but guess what??? No reply.

Any info?? any experience like this???

Thanks guys.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man is this turning into the next Soulkitchen? It's funny how, if you know the person who made the pedal has jerked you around or is kind of a jerk, you lose desire to play their pedal.

By the way, after being pretty pissed at soulkitchen for a while, I brought myself to plug my sugarbuzz into my Blues Jr the other day and it actually sounded good to my cooled off ears.

• Members

sucks that Sean doesn't feel the need to communicate. I sent him a couple of emails at one point and never heard back. Bought the pedal I had questions about used and sold it pretty quick.

Does look like you got a purple plexi pedal - there were a couple on ebay with that design a month or 2 ago.

• Members

I wouldn't worry too much about the enclosure.

The PP is set up that way, and has three knobs.

Look inside and see if the PCB is labeled.

The communication sounds a bit hit-and-miss, but you're international. Don't take that as an insult, or an excuse, but you have time zones and delivery times and all kinds of things out of the control of any builder.

You also didn't say how long you had the Vibe before Sean took it back. Mighty nice offer of him, IMO.

• Members

The communication sounds a bit hit-and-miss, but you're international. Don't take that as an insult, or an excuse, but you have time zones and delivery times and all kinds of things out of the control of any builder.

You also didn't say how long you had the Vibe before Sean took it back. Mighty nice offer of him, IMO.

and I love his pedals AND this guy got an awesome looking one... what is not to LOVE (:))

• Members

I must have missed something?

What happened with soulkitchen? didn't he used to post here?

while he might be a great asset to the D.I.Y. community,that guy never comes through on his promises.it took him 4 or 5 months to replace one resistor in a pedal i sent him.he said two weeks when i asked & now the pedal sounds worse than when i sent to him,it didn't sound good to begin with so :idk:.there was a cap i wanted replaced also but i guess he needed another month or two to find it :rolleyes:.in his favor he didn't charge me anything and sent it back on his own dime.

Archived