Lovepedal a kinda bad experience

jkg

• Members
my intention wasn't to put Sean down, I even said that the pedal sounds great, but it doesn't LOOKS like a purple Plexi, if my Vibe didn't work properly, it doesn't means that every Vibe pedal he does will be bad...I miss the Vibe really.

NUM25.jpg

I wrote you an email telling you yours is 1/2 the above pedal.. Remember when I said I quit making the purple plexi 800 and you said it would be cool to replace the vibe with something like a purple plexi 800?

Hopefully this year I can hire someone to do customer email thats better than me at it..

I apologize to everyone
i'M SERIOUSLY HIRING SOMEONE TO DO THIS..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TGP.

Right now.

Mr. Green's thread.

LOL.

Jeff...no {censored}, right?

I want to put my foot through zucker's {censored}ing face!

Trying to bring in Dave Fox?

Trying to pretend you're unbiased?

And KR still has people popping up ALL OVER the place with support/communication complaints, I'm talking a track-record over 12 months long, and he wants to waste time trying to defend himself on online forums and then PM everyone?

ALSO - wasn't there a blurb somewhere that KR said he lost all his emails???!?!?

ugh...that guy gives builders a bad name

• Members
ugh...that guy gives Megavibe builders a bad name

Fixed.

See? My sig is accurate. No less than 6 guys in that thread complained about the same thing; some are waiting over a year with no pedal and no response. And the bumbling builder and his shill pop up out of nowhere and says the same old thing they always say. It validates the statements in my sig. :idk:

• Members
Fixed.

See? My sig is accurate. No less than 6 guys in that thread complained about the same thing; some are waiting over a year with no pedal and no response. And the bumbling builder pops up out of nowhere and says the same old thing he always says. It backs everything in my sig.
:D

I sawe zucker on there too... nice

So i have something to add.

I asked him a question about my Eternity. Due to when i use it wiht a power supply i get some buzz.

and he tells me to use a battery or check for ground loops in my power supply.

and i sent him another one asking how to look for ground loops within my PP2+

No response back.. :/

it sits on my shelf now. haven't tried it with a battery.

Google is your friend... or, you could try asking, oh, on an effects forum somewhere. ;):lol:

Seriously, I've never done business with Sean, and I don't have any of his pedals, so I'm not trying to take any sides here... Personally, I try to answer my customer's questions and go the extra mile, but that costs me a lot of "unbillable" time. I could understand why a builder wouldn't always want to place a high priority on answering what are essentially basic or common knowledge questions about wiring up your rig... those are questions / issues outside of their actual responsibility - which is for the pedal. It wouldn't be Fender's fault if you wired up two Twins and had a ground loop hum, nor their responsibility to teach you about proper wiring and grounding. Sure, some companies go the extra mile on stuff like that, but they really don't have to...

And even if they don't, you shouldn't let that stop you from getting the answer to your question. Like I said, Google is your friend... :idea:

• Members

I have about 8 Lovepedals from Sean they all have unique character,some I like better than others but all are useful (my 05 white E is my fave)

All my dealings with Sean have been Great, straight up!

My Vibe (first run) was DOA... I shipped it back & a week later it returned perfect. He's not a big corp so depending on his schedule the email thing may or may not happen... but I've found problems are always taken care of... Glenn

• Members

I have about 8 Lovepedals from Sean they all have unique character,some I like better than others but all are useful (my 05 white E is my fave)

All my dealings with Sean have been Great, straight up!

My Vibe (first run) was DOA... I shipped it back & a week later it returned perfect. He's not a big corp so depending on his schedule the email thing may or may not happen... but I've found problems are always taken care of... Glenn

We aren't a big corp and I manage to get to customers emails pretty quickly.

I can see not responding for a few days, hell even a week. But you just have to carve out time to service your customers, you just have to.

I won't do business with any company that doesn't provide decent customer service - there are too many other great builders out there to put up with that kind of treatment.

Any pedal I might eventually receive from them no matter how good sounding it might be will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

• Members
Google is your friend... or, you could try asking, oh, on an
effects
forum somewhere.
;):lol:

Seriously, I've never done business with Sean, and I don't have any of his pedals, so I'm not trying to take any sides here... Personally, I try to answer my customer's questions and go the extra mile, but that costs me a lot of "unbillable" time. I could understand why a builder wouldn't always want to place a high priority on answering what are essentially basic or common knowledge questions about wiring up your rig... those are questions / issues outside of their actual responsibility - which is for the pedal. It wouldn't be Fender's fault if you wired up two Twins and had a ground loop hum, nor their responsibility to teach you about proper wiring and grounding. Sure, some companies go the extra mile on stuff like that, but they really don't have to...

And even if they don't, you shouldn't let that stop you from getting the answer to your question. Like I said, Google is your friend...
:idea:

yeah. that google thing, gets me every time :)

I'm not dissing sean. He has been very informative with all my other questions from the past. I'm assuming he either felt the google method was needed or he just forgot about it. My eternity sounds great until i stop playing when hooked into a Power supply. I'll try it out tonight. and google some stuff.

• Members

yeah. that google thing, gets me every time
:)

I'm not dissing sean. He has been very informative with all my other questions from the past. I'm assuming he either felt the google method was needed or he just forgot about it. My eternity sounds great until i stop playing when hooked into a Power supply. I'll try it out tonight. and google some stuff.

This is an issue that appears all the time. Ground loops and power supply noises are a really common complaint. It doesn't matter who the pedal maker is... they appear randomly and sometimes disappear randomly as well.

The first thing I'd do with your pedal is put it on its own BOSS-type power supply and see if that helps.

I remember I had a ground buzz that would appear only when I played live at a certain club. I was using a ground control system... it turned out, whenever the case from the switching controller pedal touched any of my other pedals, the loud buzz would appear in my amp. It only happened at that club because the stage was so small I had to put things too close together and they touched each other.

Systematically removing pedals from the power supply is the best way to determine where the problem might be coming from. Put batteries in everything, hook up your power supply completely, make the thing buzz, and disconnect the DC power connections one by one from each pedal until you figure out something... you may well have to bypass any AC-powered pedals and disconnect their power supplies too. Look for typical things like power adapters that are too close to wah-wahs, where they can magnetically interfere with the inductor and induce buzz. Look for pedal bodies that might be touching when one of the pedals is AC powered.

• Members
Fixed.

See? My sig is accurate. No less than 6 guys in that thread complained about the same thing; some are waiting over a year with no pedal and no response. And the bumbling builder and his shill pop up out of nowhere and says the same old thing they always say. It validates the statements in my sig.
:idk:

love the SIG :thu:

• 11 years later...

Archived