Lovepedal a kinda bad experience

jkg

• Members

I must have missed something?

What happened with soulkitchen? didn't he used to post here?

He tends to disappear for months/not answer messages then come up with a story about how his grandmother died for the 5th time and a cat ate all his transistors when someone ultimately posts a thread about how a bunch of people haven't gotten pedals they paid for and have been told for months that their pedal will be shipped tomorrow.

He does end up building the pedals (as far as i know) and does a good job but generally only after a lot of arm twisting and BS sob stories.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never said I wasn't. Actually, I definitely am, in some circumstances. And Aaron knows exactly why I said what I said and why I laughed about it. We've made peace. At least I think we have.

As for Sean, meh. Every Lovepedal I've ever played (and I have owned/played several, I tried to give the guy a chance) has been mediocre compared to a competitors product which was probably cheaper, marketed more honestly, and came with
reliable
customer service.

Like I said in my very first post: YMMV.

But I'm gonna speak my opinion. You don't have to agree. If my
opinions
cause you to be judgmental towards me though, maybe
you're
the... hah. nevermind
:p

personally I think you are a pretty nice guy...

I just think that for some reason people have moved on from Zvex bashing and have focused on other people...I mean EVERYONE owns an OCD but Mike has never been more than an asshole to me and no one bashes him. Opinions are opinions and I blew up just cause, I don't know, I like the guys pedals :)

• Members

He tends to disappear for months/not answer messages then come up with a story about how his grandmother died for the 5th time and a cat ate all his transistors when someone ultimately posts a thread about how a bunch of people haven't gotten pedals they paid for and have been told for months that their pedal will be shipped tomorrow.

He does end up building the pedals (as far as i know) and does a good job but generally only after a lot of arm twisting and BS sob stories.

That sucks for the people who payed for pedals but is kinda funny to...the cat ate the transistors...classic

• Members
personally I think you are a pretty nice guy...

I just think that for some reason people have moved on from Zvex bashing and have focused on other people...I mean EVERYONE owns an OCD but Mike has never been more than an asshole to me and no one bashes him. Opinions are opinions and I blew up just cause, I don't know, I like the guys pedals
:)

hehe its all good man. and fwiw, i don't own a Fulltone pedal either. I've never dealt with Mike personally, so I can't comment, but I've heard the stories. I think some people get bashed fairly, some unfairly, but there is always a lot of gray area inbetween. I'm sure for every con i can come up with for Lovepedal you can come up with an equally valid pro. And thats cool. Some of the Zvex stuff is funny, personally I love it when people rip on him because I think Zack kind of like me--he doesn't take this stuff too seriously. If I ever get in a major flame war with somebody I'm doing it 95% just to amuse myself, and I get the same vibe from him.

Seems we can all agree that KR is a troglodyte who has no business being allowed near a soldering iron though! :lol::facepalm::lol:

Actually maybe let him solder. Just don't let him talk, or keep records, or be in charge of shipping, or much of anything really. Just lock him in a basement, have him churn out his pedals, and let someone with at least a 2nd grader's grasp on grammar and people skills run the actual business :lol:

• Members
hehe its all good man. and fwiw, i don't own a Fulltone pedal either. I've never dealt with Mike personally, so I can't comment, but I've heard the stories. I think some people get bashed fairly, some unfairly, but there is always a lot of gray area inbetween. I'm sure for every con i can come up with for Lovepedal you can come up with an equally valid pro. And thats cool. Some of the Zvex stuff is funny, personally I love it when people rip on him because I think Zack kind of like me--he doesn't take this stuff too seriously. If I ever get in a major flame war with somebody I'm doing it 95% just to amuse myself, and I get the same vibe from him.

Seems we can all agree that KR is a troglodyte who has no business being allowed near a soldering iron though!
:lol::facepalm::lol:

Actually maybe let him solder. Just don't let him talk, or keep records, or be in charge of shipping, or much of anything really. Just lock him in a basement, have him churn out his pedals, and let someone with at least a 2nd grader's grasp on grammar and people skills run the actual business
:lol:

To all of it:D

• Members

Hey guys..

I have been waiting to post till this simmered down a bit.. I am the first one to admit that my communication skills are lacking but I don't intentionally blow people off, lose things or think that I'm better than anyone..

It really makes me sad to read that "most people" who have posted in this thread think this. I try my best to keep things straight at the shop and in the office. I am always willing to talk to anyone, answer any questions, provide support, fix things and in general > "make things right" if you feel like I have somehow dropped the ball..

If you have a problem>> I most likely have no idea about it..

please get with me, LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER or page me.. Email me with a phone number, start a thread ect.. I can not fix what I don't know exists..

• Members

hey dude. i'm only still up 'cause i'm uploading some vids to youtube, and i know i just put you through the ringer, but please don't take it personally. i'm just some guy. and there was another guy who had nothing but positive things to say about your work to challenge everything i had to say. people obviously love your pedals or you'd be out of business. what i said earlier about not taking things too seriously applies to all facets of the internet imo. everybody is gonna love something somebody else hates and vice versa, and they are probably exaggerating their true feelings anyway, whichever direction. 'tis the nature of the internet.

Stories of miscommunication and foul-ups are pretty common with Lovepedal though. Its a fact. This leads to developing a reputation based on that fact, along with many other things, including other very positive things. Stepping in and writing something like you just did is a good move, it shows you care, whereas some others *ahemKRahem* really do put forward an attitude of not caring AT ALL. so I give ya props for that.

*I* might not be one of your customers--and you may lose more in the future--but you will also gain them. What I really don't like is the mystery marketing, others love it. I see people excited as hell all the time over a pedal you just released that they just ordered and they don't know what the hell it really is, they just know they want it. Not my cup of tea--but to the guy who orders your new pedal, gets it and loves it, and creates music with it and is happy, then what the hell do I, some guy on the internet, matter anyway.

cheers, Sean.

edit: I just wanted to add that I totally realize your post had very little to do with me personally and was much more of a response to the OP and the thread in general. I just kind of felt like an attack dog there and wanted to explain myself in a more face to face (or as close as you can get on the 'net) sort of fashion. Forgive my presumptuousness.

• Members
hey dude. i'm only still up 'cause i'm uploading some vids to youtube, and i know i just put you through the ringer, but please don't take it personally. i'm just some guy. and there was another guy who had nothing but positive things to say about your work to challenge everything i had to say. people obviously love your pedals or you'd be out of business. what i said earlier about not taking things too seriously applies to all facets of the internet imo. everybody is gonna love something somebody else hates and vice versa, and they are probably exaggerating their true feelings anyway, whichever direction. 'tis the nature of the internet.

Stories of miscommunication and foul-ups are pretty common with Lovepedal though. Its a fact. This leads to developing a reputation based on that fact, along with many other things, including other very positive things. Stepping in and writing something like you just did is a good move, it shows you care, whereas some others *ahemKRahem* really do put forward an attitude of not caring AT ALL. so I give ya props for that.

*I* might not be one of your customers--and you may lose more in the future--but you will also gain them. What I really don't like is the mystery marketing, others love it. I see people excited as hell all the time over a pedal you just released that they just ordered and they don't know what the hell it really is, they just know they want it. Not my cup of tea--but to the guy who orders your new pedal, gets it and loves it, and creates music with it and is happy, then what the hell do I, some guy on the internet, matter anyway.

cheers, Sean.

Thanks man.. I'll take ALL the advice I can get..

I appreciate the insight and I do care TREMENDOUSLY about the interactions I have had with so many people.. Its not just a sale or building something that makes me happy.. Its the relationships, interactions with people, advice, well wishes, ect., that matters most.. Thanks again. :)

• Members

I've met in real life 2 of the 3 guys you've listed here. None of them are dicks. Kevin I met in passing in Tacoma, he seemed to me a bit aloof and a man of few words but certainly not an asshole. Aaron I see every 2-3 weeks, he is a very focused & driven individual, but not a dick. And I've talked to Sean a number of times on the phone and via email. Honestly, I was taken aback by his sincerity and kindness. They all run their businesses in different ways. But as people they are just like you and I, easily misunderstood, sometimes time escapes us, sometimes have a bad day. It's probably a good idea to separate the assumed and/or projected personal character flaws from the finer points of business that may need some sprucing up.

pfft. that was sugarcoated as hell.

here's some fightin' words:

Kevin Randall is a near illiterate moron who builds a couple of decent pedals but couldn't manage a McDonald's let alone his own company. Good luck being able to even understand him if you're lucky enough to get an email reply from him should one of his pedals ever cause you trouble. And pray, pray, pray that he can actually gather the brainpower to grasp, let alone solve, whatever problem it is you may be having.

As for Sean, he builds over-hyped pedals that aren't worth half of what they cost (like the new black Kanji E...I mean, really?), will respond to emails only if you kiss his ass in the proper fashion, and honestly expects people to buy stuff without knowing what it actually is, just because its a Lovepedal and its part of the "mystique." Mystique. Right. More like pure marketing bull{censored} for gullible people with too much money. There's a sucker born every minute, and looks like enough of them play guitar and post on TGP for somebody to make a lucrative living off of it.

How was that? It felt good here, real good.

PS- Aaron at PGS is a dick too.
:lol:

• Members

I've met in real life 2 of the 3 guys you've listed here. None of them are dicks. Kevin I met in passing in Tacoma, he seemed to me a bit aloof and a man of few words but certainly not an asshole. Aaron I see every 2-3 weeks, he is a very focused & driven individual, but not a dick. And I've talked to Sean a number of times on the phone and via email. Honestly, I was taken aback by his sincerity and kindness. They all run their businesses in different ways. But as people they are just like you and I, easily misunderstood, sometimes time escapes us, sometimes have a bad day. It's probably a good idea to separate the assumed and/or projected personal character flaws from the finer points of business that may need some sprucing up.

[YOUTUBE]21GnRNHodVs[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I wouldn't worry too much about the enclosure.

The PP is set up that way, and has three knobs.

Look inside and see if the PCB is labeled.

The communication sounds a bit hit-and-miss, but you're international. Don't take that as an insult, or an excuse, but you have time zones and delivery times and all kinds of things out of the control of any builder.

You also didn't say how long you had the Vibe before Sean took it back. Mighty nice offer of him, IMO.

Being International doesn't mean that a company should {censored} you. The world doesn't revolve around the US, although I know a lot of Americans who think that it does.

• Members

I was all ready to fly to Sean's rescue, but I am very happy he could answer his own detractor's.

I will never part with my White Dragon. I also use a Lil China, Karl and Purple plexi.

Yes I drank the kool-aid etc--I like the sound and feel of my guitar/amps with the assistance of Sean's creations. I like lot of other toys as well not just the Lovepedal, price does not seem to separate the men from the boys. I tend to hold back on the most expensive things he cranks out and watch for a good deal.

At any rate, anybody that can get that kinda slam on the HC and come on strong with the communication is a real class act. He really aint gotta answer this junk to remain in business. Really he has to make a profit and pay his taxes. Everything else is unrelated to being a success, but he has done better than that he is making people happy with his handiwork.

• Members

my intention wasn't to put Sean down, I even said that the pedal sounds great, but it doesn't LOOKS like a purple Plexi, if my Vibe didn't work properly, it doesn't means that every Vibe pedal he does will be bad...I miss the Vibe really.

• Members

So i have something to add.

I asked him a question about my Eternity. Due to when i use it wiht a power supply i get some buzz.

and he tells me to use a battery or check for ground loops in my power supply.

and i sent him another one asking how to look for ground loops within my PP2+

No response back.. :/
it sits on my shelf now. haven't tried it with a battery.

Archived