Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier in a pedal

troyri

• Members
  • Members

on the cheap side a boss MD-2 will get you in the neighborhood, the cork sniffers will scream no but trust me on this one it's close and gets the job done.

239311.jpg

not even close... and I'm not even a corksniffer.... I did own that pedal, and I still have a small boogie in my rig.... and maybe if you dial the pedal the best way possible, and dial a boogie incredibly poorly, you may get them in somewhat the same neighbourhood... either way, much better options

• Members

then save up for a recto.. don't get a pedal!

Using distortion pedals into the front of an amps input jack wont get u there.

I remember reading Randall Smith saying somethimg like how the recto was a descent from the mark series in that the tone stack was after the preamp and the mark series was before(only the graphic EQ was after).

If you do something like trying to get a heavy red channel recto sound into your input, the pedal will sound closer to a pile of mush.

The orange channel is supposed to sound like a Marshall(but doesn't really).

The clean tone is well... a little bland compared to a hiwatt or fender.

• Members

no offense, but i'm wondering how many of the people that have made suggestions have spent much time at all with a recto. they are incredibly unique amps (yes, the recto sound has gotten to the point of sounding generic as it's all over) that not even another amp really sounds like, let alone a pedal.

Archived