Sent My Cool Cat Fuzz Back to Dano Today

ispunk

• Members

I got a CC Fuzz off eBay. Great pedal but the LED stayed lit whether it was on or bypassed. I emailed "Marcy The Customer Service Czar" on Friday. Got a response yesterday and she told me to send it back for a new one. So far, so good on the customer service from Dano.

• Members

Dude, I've been emailing Marcy back and forth about the Reel Echo's current draw. She is by far the best customer service representative ever. She even went as far as trying to contact the factory it was built in.

I wasn't sure Marcy was a real person or just the Temp of the Week hired for customer service. Good to hear they actually care. Can't wait to get my fuzz back. It sounded killer running it into my Crunchbox.

• Members

I have all the new Danos except the Metal and Metal 2 and there's not a single one in the lot that disappoints. If you can't get great sounds out of these pedals, it's not the pedals.

I've spent thousands of dollars on boutique pedals over the years and I've pretty much owned or played just about every piece of boutique and mainstream pedal out there. The Danos easily hang with or trounce a great many of them...I still can't believe they're able to make pedals that sound this good at this price. {censored}ing unbelievable. :o

• Members

I got my CC Fuzz today in the mail. I hate to say it - but the damn thing is KILLER
:eek:

Now let's just hope these pedals last - that will be the true test over time
:cool:

It sounds just like the Peach Fuzz I sold a few years ago and regretted selling.

I plan on using my Danos in a MIDI loop switcher so I'm sure they'll hold up.

I opened a couple of them up and they seem like they'll last...the big question is how well will the switches hold up. Otherwise, everything else should hold up pretty well. They were as well built internally at least as well as the new Electro Harmonix stuff. :)

• Members
It sounds just like the Peach Fuzz I sold a few years ago and regretted selling.

I plan on using my Danos in a MIDI loop switcher so I'm sure they'll hold up.

I opened a couple of them up and they seem like they'll last...the big question is how well will the switches hold up. Otherwise, everything else should hold up pretty well. They were as well built internally at least as well as the new Electro Harmonix stuff.
:)

I've got a Peach Fuzz - I'll have to A/B em just to see - now that you've mentioned that :)

You're absolutely right - the big question is - will they hold up - and to my friend Brian, I won't rule out a pedal of the month of a couple of the Danos but it will have to hold up for quite awhile before I stick my neck out that far :p

There's been some failure rate mentioned here already - not alot certainly guessing that they've made thousands of them by now and only a handful of people mentioning problems - myself included - receiving a CC Metal pedal directly from Danelectro that was horribly noisy, then died - after using it TWICE. Could have been a glitch - we'll see. :cool:

• Members

How does the Dano fuzz sound? Is it fuzz face style, or more muff-ish?

Kind of like a mid rangey Big Muff but with more clarity and a massive low end.

I believe it works like the Peach Fuzz in that it splits the frequencies some how and effects them differently. I have a passive bass contour knob on my guitars. When I roll the bass off, the pedal sounds like a wirey overdrive. When I roll the bass back up on the guitar I get a huge wall of sound.

I'm guessing it's treating the low end to heaps of fuzz and the mids and highs to a bright overdrive. You get that big fuzz sound with good note articulation. :)

• Members

What settings are you guys using on your Fuzz? I got mine yesterday and I can't beleive the ammount of volume it adds. If I have the guitar's volume at 10, I can't set the Fuzz's volume over two with the Fuzz control on 5. If I set the Fuzz's volume on 5 with the Fuzz on 5, the amp literally doubles (or more) in volume. I am forced to dial back the guitar's volume to stay in the same room!

• Members

Dude, I've been emailing Marcy back and forth about the Reel Echo's current draw. She is by far the best customer service representative ever. She even went as far as trying to contact the factory it was built in.

Yeah... she always respond with my queries!!

Excellent customer service!

almost 2 weeks have passed and I'm still loving my Dano Transparent Overdrive and Tremolo

:thu:

Archived