The really cool thing about the food series by Dano..

C Fuzz

• Members

There is a part of me that wants to get one of those little dano boards that holds I think 5 of them and fill it with my favorites.

Name your five favorites.
:idea:

Mine? I'd say Fish & Chips, Chicken Salad, Tuna Melt, French Toast and Rocky Road.
:wave:

Please tell me you have clips/vids of the rocky road, it's the only Dano I've ever had major GAS for

• Members

anyways..... some of the food pedals were good, but it was the plastic jacks on the in and out put that frustrate me.

my f n c is great except if i tap the pedal with my foot at all while switching other pedals the movement causes static. i think the jack is going out altogether.

• Members

I've only had the Fish&Chips.

I left it one all the time to make my amp sound a bit fatter... I used it as a lead boost for a bit, but I never trusted the switch.

I gave it to my singer and he uses it like a filter effect for his vocals.

I'm really impressed with how well it's holding up.

• Members

All this talk about the food Danos... I went ahead and pulled out my ole Tuna Melt. I usually use my Boss TR-2, but thought I'd put 'em side by side. I think I like the Tuna Melt more - has something to it, not sure what. It definitely doesn't have the volume drop that the Boss has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

How does the Cool Cat tremolo compare to the Tuna Melt?

I sold the Tuna Melt for a Cool Cat. Tuna Melt sounded great but didn't play well with my electric mistress (made a weird thumping noise) AND it picked up radio station signals.

Cool Cat sounds almost as good (don't know, seems a little harsher, Born on the Bayou just isn't quite right) and doesn't pull radio stations or make my EM freak out so it stays. I HATE the switches on the Cool Cats though- at the bottom of a downward slope so I end up having to step on them sideways, toally stupid. The food ones were cheap, but easier to stomp.

Archived