• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Odyssey?

dsc00002yc6.jpg

ARP Omni 2.

:)

One week later. Omni's synth section started to work after i replaced some op amps and CMOS chips. Still a lot of work to do. Good side is, all components are available in local store and cost in 0.50 - 1$ range. Next is the complete CMOS chip replacement (dozens of em). :freak:

Also in queue you can see (but not my stuff) Clusterchord's SH-2 and Vintage EH Small Stone phaser -all on repair.

• Members

I am always on the fence about the speck. It sounds really good in the demos, but it also seems to have quite a lot of turnover from people getting fed up with how it operates.

Let us know how you fair.

Well, again - I know exactly what to expect. I think that what I should have done with it the first time was the smart thing - put it aside for a few weeks and then look at it afresh. But I have very fond memories of it.

btw - I'm going to take your suggestion and try that virtual network thing between the mac and pc. I haven't looked into the cabling yet (ethernet?) - but the kvm looks like rather a nightmare, and to retain the dvi, I'll have to spend more than I want to. But it's essentially to get samples to the Spectralis that I want this. Now what'd be really nice is if I could play samples from the pc out through the firewire audio cards that are connected to my mac. I think actually that the fireface has multiple firewire connections, but I have a vague memory that it ain't going to work with multiple simultaneous connections.

• Members

Here's my latest fixer-upper:

jx8p.jpg

Functionally it's great, it just needs some keybed work, slider caps, and a good cleaning. Cool synth.

Here it is with my other fixer-upper:

jx8p_juno.jpg

The Juno is awaiting some replacement voice chips.

• Members

Well, since I am unable to play drums much with the band I'm in due health reasons, I've taken the keyboard plunge (again).

So far this month it's two Moogs (Voyager RME and a Little Phatty which I just ordered yesterday) and a Yamaha CS6x which just arrived this morning.

The CS6x was my first keyboard back in 2001 and it's probably more of a sentimental purchase than anything else. :)

-bruce

• Members

433670.jpg

Haven't jumped into the new PT|HD-to-HOST BASED TRANSITION yet (have to sell some stuff first), but I've started to build up replacements for what'll disappear once TDM's gone.

Line 6's Amp Farm's been my guitar modeling tool of choice for 9 years, and now I don't have to lose it. Plus, there are now a ton of new preamp, cabinet, and effects models.

• Members

Using a couple of Tascam 788 digital 8 tracks myself.

So that's what... Old school DAW ?
:lol:

-bruce

Totally old school - basically a portastudio :D (

But thank god there is always the PC for mixing... Unless the Yamaha actually turns out to be learnable.

I have just found that a PC does not fit my recording needs, and hope that a dedicated device might be better - i'll see. :)

• Members

A pair of these:

LSR4328.jpg

JBL LSR 4328P Monitors

And in the next week or so, one of these:

LSR4312big.jpg

JBL LSR 4312SP 12" Sub

Been looking at 'em for a while, the RMC (room correction) isn't bad, actually. We'll see how it does with the sub in the mix...

Thanks!

bax

Archived