February - new kit thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had one and don't miss it... but then I don't miss the A6 that I got in a swap for it either!

Actually the JP6 was the only synth I had to buy again after I let mine go to finance a JP8. One of the most beautiful synths out there. :love:

Congrats Purity_Control!

• Members

I would have a mint JP6 here right now if it wernt for that naughty Don Solaris. He put me off buying at the last moment. Looking back, it was the one time i wish i hadnt taken his advice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah sure... If you liked its sound, why haven't you bought it? When i find something that sounds fantastic, i buy it. I don't go to the internet forum for an advice....

:wave:

• Members

:lol:
Yeah sure... If you liked its sound, why haven't you bought it? When i find something that sounds fantastic, i buy it. I don't go to the internet forum for an advice....

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. If it speaks to you and 'Your Sound' that you want, that's all you need to feel.

• Members

Yeah sure... If you liked its sound, why haven't you bought it? When i find something that sounds fantastic, i buy it. I don't go to the internet forum for an advice....

Oh i agree wholeheartedly, but if you remember i didnt have much time to play it/demo it, it was going very cheap so i had to move quick before someone else got it. So i valued someone as knowledgable as yours opinion. That is one of the main points of this forum isnt it? (obviously after the Dude thread :lol: ).

:)

• Members

Oh i agree wholeheartedly, but if you remember i didnt have much time to play it/demo it, it was going very cheap so i had to move quick before someone else got it.

If you really need JP-6 i can get you one from Japan (i know ex-Roland guy). Even with shipping turns out cheap, specially now with the low USD. If you tell me the VAT + customs in the UK i can calculate you the final price. You will just need someone to transform Japanese 100V supply into UK's 230V - and probably to have new transformer built, but every electro-service store can do this.

However, keep in mind, Jupiter 6's weren't made in "2500 units only" as its older brother JP-8 was. There are so many of them available and is a trivial thing to find one. It was so funny to see when JP-8 price suddenly jumped to $3.5k (about three months ago), the JP-6 price jumped to $1.8k just proving there are idiots (or kids who want a Joupe) who don't understand the fact JP-6 is not a "limited edition" type of thing. Result of this was - many JP-6s started appearing on ebay, which of course resulted in bringing the price back into original $1200-1300 region.

Not to mention those who think JP-6 is JP-8 minus two voices. I actually have an idea to buy 5-6 of them and start selling them as "Jupiter 6 - just like Jupiter 8 minus 2 voices". So a genius "xy" comes and sees Jupiter 8 selling for $4000 from which he "concludes" my $2500 JP-6 is "a bargain". I swear to Buddha i would double my investment in a month or so....

• Members

However, keep in mind, Jupiter 6's weren't made in "2500 units only" as its older brother JP-8 was. There are so many of them available and is a trivial thing to find one. It was so funny to see when JP-8 price suddenly jumped to $3.5k (about three months ago), the JP-6 price jumped to $1.8k just proving there are idiots (or kids who want a Joupe) who don't understand the fact JP-6 is not a "limited edition" type of thing. Result of this was - many JP-6s started appearing on ebay, which of course resulted in bringing the price back into original $1200-1300 region.

And then there is the MiniMoog that sold 10,000 times over the years. Do not pay outrages prices of over $2k for just one voice. It is not a Yamaha SKLPx that never made it out of prototype stage.

Your logic sucks, Don!!!! It is all about demand and supply (and hype).

• Members

If you would have accepted the demand & supply thing, you obviously should have accepted the $1700 JP6s!!!
;)
... and bought one too!!!!

I keep a notebook of all eBay prices (completed auctions) for about two years, so it is easy job to spot a sudden peak such as was with JP-6. My advice is that you to do the same as it is much easier to buy gear. For example i found one polyphonic analog that actually lost its price (!!) - a lot - so now i'm getting one. I just hope i won't get cursed as Clusterchord was, when you find one for cheap, you buy it, and another two different polyphonics appear the same week for bargain (yeah... Moore's law). So you need to buy all three - as there is no chance you will ever buy them for that cheap - and spend next few months in starvation. :lol: :lol:

• Members

eshdjrig.jpg

I have all my DJ gear assembled now, except for a wireless mic I'm planning on adding this month. The centerpiece is a new Numark D2 Director media player. Cool setup really, and I have the option of adding a drum machine (ION iED04) and synth (Access Virus Polar TI) to it for some looping mayhem.

It all started because I had people who wanted me to play piano for weddings or dinner parties and then have a DJ put on a dance show, so I put together this system along with some new LED disco lights.

• Members

Well, even though I Ordered it at the begining of december, I didnt actually *receive* my Komplete 5 upgrade until friday. They even sent me a 'your order has shipped' notification back around mid december that turned out to be a system error. I complained and they comped me a copy of 'Kontact Experience' to make up for it (unfortunately, about 90% of that library is useless).

I *may* pick up something at nova next week, but my attempt to raise funds by selling off some gear was met with resistance. It will all depend on if we get beer or not before heading to nova.

• Members

I keep a notebook of all eBay prices (completed auctions) for about two years, so it is easy job to spot a sudden peak such as was with JP-6. My advice is that you to do the same as it is much easier to buy gear. For example i found one polyphonic analog that actually lost its price (!!) - a lot - so now i'm getting one. I just hope i won't get cursed as Clusterchord was, when you find one for cheap, you buy it, and another two different polyphonics appear the same week for bargain (yeah... Moore's law). So you need to buy all three - as there is no chance you will ever buy them for that cheap - and spend next few months in starvation.

Where it might saves you a nickel here or there, I question your approach. I rather buy what I think I will like (and play with high end gear) than waisting my time on stuff only because I got it cheap. If you want to open a trade business or make a buck here or there, I might can understand your motives.

Archived