Show me your 20-pedal or less pedal board

• Members

That's a nice Arion. I had one a while ago, then sold it on here cuz I don't like chorus. I didn't know what the "hype" was that was attached to it, so I sold it for super cheap. Whatever.

I'd totally post a picture of my board, but it's not very organized right now, I'm still waiting on my second board to show up.

• Members

now can i have your thoughts on the pitchfactor?

Oh, most definitely.

It's definitely a very cool pedal, and I think that I haven't even begun to scrape the tip of the iceberg with it in the few weeks that I've had it. There's just a ridiculous amount of stuff in this pedal.

The Crystals setting is like Mode 7, so naturally I'm loving that, and it's awesome for making some cool textures with.

The pitch shifting is awesome (since I'm running this thing in stereo) since I can have a dry signal to one amp and a harmony going to a different amp, or I can have two different harmonies, each blended with the clean signal, sent to different amps. Very cool for accenting phrases during solos, but could get cheesy real quick if overused. The Whammy style effects are a lot of fun too, and it sounds like a less shrill Whammy pedal with better tracking to me.

I've never owned a POG or HOG, but from the demos I've seen, it seems like on the quadravox setting, the Pitchfactor can get pretty close to copping some of these tones. I've had a lot of fun giving my guitar that POG-type organ sound and just playing chords for awhile.

The synthonsizer seemed pretty cheesy to me unless you wanted to recreate some 80's hip hop synths.

The arpeggiator is a lot of fun to mess around with. I actually have to consciously keep myself from letting the arpeggiator play entire songs for me haha.

I haven't had a chance to mess with the other settings much yet, and I haven't gotten very deeply into editing patches yet. I've mainly just been going through the presets that came with the pedal and seeing what the pedal can do, and it's a ton of fun. I think I've got a lot more exploration with the pedal before I actually understand everything it has to offer. Overall though, I'm glad I spent my money on it, and I think it's a really cool pedal. Pretty much all the sounds need to be used in moderation though, because they are all things that could get annoying/cheesy/chliched very quick. It's hard to use a pedal that's so expensive in moderation, but if you can live with only using it a couple of times per show (if that), it's definitely an awesome pedal to have in your arsenal. Hope that helps you at all. Let me know if you have any more questions. :wave:

• Members

Hmm...that sounds like about what I thought people would think of it. I'm still tempted to get one to try it out, maybe kick the Whammy of my board. I don't know though, does it glitch at all like a Whammy?

To tell you the truth, I've never actually played with a Whammy. When do they glitch? I can test it out for you, but I'm not a huge Whammy guy so I'm not entirely sure when they glitch.

• Members

I'm at 20 now. (there's a Rat under where the Musket is... it's always on, and I control it with a channel switcher, so it can live hidden under the upper level)

PB1.jpg

of course... it's been this way for a few months. You've probably already seen this pic.

• Members

I'm at 20 now. (there's a Rat under where the Musket is... it's always on, and I control it with a channel switcher, so it can live hidden under the upper level)

PB1.jpg

of course... it's been this way for a few months. You've probably already seen this pic.

Did you paint the wood paneling on your Moog?! Sacrilege! :eek:

Archived