do you love/hate ehx

melx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are a couple of Electro-Harmonix pedals I've bought which I liked a lot and some I didn't like. I have nothing bad to say about the brand, nor any other really. It's not a question of one brand being better than the next as I could care less about the brand name. What matters to me is the quality of the product as well as the kind of sounds I get with said product. If I like what I hear, I'll use it regardless of the brand name or where it's made. To me, it's not about the brand. It's about what you as a musician do with the gear you've got.

• Members

I have a Big Muff, and love it. It's my #1 dirt box. I had a Metal Muff, but I traded it for a Micro Amp. I wanna get a Flanger Hoax, a (P/H)OG, DMM, English Muff'n, and SMMw/H some day.

Unfortunately, my board has two MXR's and one EHX. MXR's are good pedals, but EHX is just so much :love:ier, ya know? I plan on replacing my MXR OD with the English Muff'n. Hopefully that will score me some indie creds.

:thu:English Muff'n is IMHO one the most under-rated dirt pedals out there. Its not some {censored}ing cheesy op amp tube type pedal either its real deal. 280v preamp. I absolutely love mine.

• Members

Why would you hate them? They were pioneers of the effects.. Maybe you don't like a pedal, but is there a reason to really hate them? I can think of other brands more likely to be hated

I love my russian big muff by the way..

Archived