do you love/hate ehx

melx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I love EHX, I just picked up a 90's Stereo Polychorus with pointer knobs brand new in the unopened wooden box today. It just sounds so lush and huge with my Holy Grail and Blackfinger with pointer knobs (also brand new in the wooden box) I picked them both up from the same guy, he never used them.

• Members

I have the nano grail. It does it's job, but not better than a lot of other reverbs out there.Very unnatural sounding decay, the bloom is nice and big but the decay is {censored}. Mind you, you only nortice the {censored} decay when playing clean. with a fuzz pedal hitting it, you can't tell.

• Members

I have the nano grail. It does it's job, but not better than a lot of other reverbs out there.Very unnatural sounding decay, the bloom is nice and big but the decay is {censored}. Mind you, you only nortice the {censored} decay when playing clean. with a fuzz pedal hitting it, you can't tell.

Mine is the big box,the Spring setting around noon sounds natural to me, the Hall sounds the most "natural" around 10:00, after that it sounds more like an "effect" . I think it sounds best into a gained up amp.

• Members
I love EHX, I just picked up a 90's Stereo Polychorus with pointer knobs brand new in the unopened wooden box today. It just sounds so lush and huge with my Holy Grail and Blackfinger with pointer knobs (also brand new in the wooden box) I picked them both up from the same guy, he never used them.

Back in the saddle with a vengeance, my friend :thu:

• Members

Love EHX. Right now I have a LBM, HOG, SMMH, & Frequency Analyzer on my board. Awesome pedals. I've sold most of my EHX modulation though, though I do have a Sovtek Small Stone that's not on my board but is awesome on synths. Maybe it should be on my board, I have space now that I've downsized a bit

• Members

They're my favourite pedal company by far. They're not necessarily great if you want pristine sounds, but they take effects to places few other manufacturers do.

I've had the Polychorus, Small Clone, Small Stone, Flanger Hoax, Original Clone Theory, Micro Synth, POG, Ring Thing, NYC Muff... they make really interesting pedals at really decent prices.

As far as reliability goes, I had a lead come loose from the battery snap on the Small Clone, and that's pretty much the only fault I've had in ten years of playing EHX. Well, the Clone Theory is a bit knackered, but it's over 30 years old and has had many an abusive owner. How many people still have a 30 year old Sony TV that they paid big money for?

• Members

Love DMM, Micro Synth, Small Stone, Double Muff, really how cheep is that little bad boy.
Not so sure about Holy Stain, Holy Grail and Worm, I wanted to like the worm. Got the big box and then the xo but no it wasnt happening. Also always a bit let down by bigmuffs for the obvious reasons.

Archived