Someone start another US Traveling Box...

Aaron SS

• Members

Herein lies the problem: no offense to jburn, but I've never seen/heard of him.

So should he get in?? Or is it up to the discretion of the masses, or what? First time around I left it open to everyone... but if we're planning on restricting the entrants, how do we do that fairly?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There needs to be some guidelines though. Because IIRC, the Mystery box started out with some pretty cool stuff, and ended with a pile of e-strings, picks and dustbunnies.

:cop: The box started awesome.... and got about 4 people deep before being hijacked.

• Members

Herein lies the problem: no offense to jburn, but I've never seen/heard of him.

So should he get in?? Or is it up to the discretion of the masses, or what? First time around I left it open to everyone... but if we're planning on restricting the entrants, how do we do that fairly?

We should just publicly give references in this thread. For instance, I think that Ive done good deals with Crxsh, Used666, garrett, and others. But those people have to vouch for me.

• Members

Id say 2000 posts AND 5 references. Dudes have to vouch for potential "IN" guys.

I don't have 2000 posts quite yet, but I think I've had a pretty good plethora of transactions around here with people to back me up.

That being said, I'm down like an upside down clown frown.

• Members

There needs to be some guidelines though. Because IIRC, the Mystery box started out with some pretty cool stuff, and ended with a pile of e-strings, picks and dustbunnies.

This is the point about 'trusted' forumites, it's not just about whether or not they've done good trades, it's about trusting them to be fair with what they take and put back in.

You might have to upset a few people but that's kinda tough {censored}, If I were you Nick, I'd pick a couple of members you know pretty well and decide who's in and who isn't privately...email, pm's or whatever. Then just say "sorry, if you aren't on the list then it wasn't unanimous."

• Members

No way. There was plenty of cool {censored} in there after I sent it out. I put in a brand new packaged 21' monster cable, New box of 6 inline schaller tuners, and a bunch of pre-amp tubes.

• Members

No way. There was plenty of cool {censored} in there after I sent it out. I put in a brand new packaged 21' monster cable, New box of 6 inline schaller tuners, and a bunch of pre-amp tubes.

well that's fair I suppose.... but I would be dissapointed to find that stuff in there instead of a pedal. Just my own thoughts, not everyone wants to try new cables/tuners/tubes. But I also don't know what the rules were for the first box. I'd like to make this one pedals only if possible.

• Members

See, that sounds cool to me, I could've used some tubes a while ago. I think it's just subjective to what people think is "cool" or not.

• Members

well that's fair I suppose.... but I would be dissapointed to find that stuff in there instead of a pedal. Just my own thoughts, not everyone wants to try new cables/tuners/tubes. But I also don't know what the rules were for the first box. I'd like to make this one pedals only if possible.

Well the original rules were "guitar gear related stuff".

If they wanna do pedals only, then I could be into that as well.

• Members

Only rule I really care about is whatever you put in has to be of equal value to what you took out. I'd say in both quantity and actual value. Say you take a $20 pedal and $10 tuner, you could put in 2 $15 items or something like that but it has to be of equal value and number of items

• Members

Only rule I really care about is whatever you put in has to be of equal value to what you took out. I'd say in both quantity and actual value. Say you take a $20 pedal and $10 tuner, you could put in 2 $15 items or something like that but it has to be of equal value and number of items

That sounds reasonable.

• Members

I don't know anything about this, but I have a Rocktron Hush that is in great shape, and in perfect working order that I will just throw in to add to the box.
I want nothing in return, just want to get rid of that turd.

I'll also throw in an old Zoom that totally friggin rocks, but I have 2 of them.

• Members

This was a stipulation of the first go-round, and it will be for this one too. :thu:

Archived