Someone start another US Traveling Box...

Aaron SS

• Members

O ya also the box should be a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box and all shipments should be shipped with Delivery Confirmation.

This as well.. For the big box it'll be $11 total with delivery confirmation.

So if you don't think you can handle a measly $11 dollars to have fun and possibly try out some new stuff.. I wouldn't bother.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These were the rules last time. Any suggested revisions??

The Rules:

1 - It's all in good clean fun, so please keep it that way.

2 - So long as it fits, you may add as much as you like to the box, but if you take from the box, please put something (of similar value) back in for the next person. (Example: If you take a guitar
pedal
, don't replace it with a guitar
pick
. That's not fair.)

3 - If sending a used item, clean it up a little first. And no one wants junk -- so don't send that.

4 - All contents must remain guitar or music related and work/family safe, no objectionable material please.

5 - Once you receive the box, you have 3 days to swap or add with/to the box until you should send it on to the next person* (this should account for weekend deliveries).

*Upon receiving the box, you should contact the next person on the list to get their info so that you can send it out.

The Fine Print:

If you agree to get in on this, you're agreeing that you a) will play fairly and abide by the posted rules; b) have the funds to ship the box on to the next person (approx $10); and c) will have a good time.

Obviously, there's a small amount of risk to joining this little funfest as there may be nothing in the box that you want to keep -- and don't feel obligated to swap something out. Hopefully though, this will be a lot of fun for everyone as you'll get to peruse the contents of the box however. All that said, play at your own risk...

So....

If you wish to participate, please post in here and I'll try to update the "IN" list as often as I can. Initially, the plan was to try and create a route for all of this by getting everyone's address, but since "the box" will be a USPS Flat Rate box, that doesn't make much sense as it will cost everyone the same amount to ship, no matter where it's going. See Rule 5 for more info on routing the pedal.

Once this goes live, feel free to post "in/out" messages describing what you took and what you put back, pictures of the box, notes from the registry pages I'm planning to include, etc.

Thanks.

Crxsh

:wave:

• Members

Add :

- Flat Rate Priority Box + MANDATORY Delivery Confirmation

- All items should be wrapped in at least a piece of newspaper so as to prevent items from getting destroyed in transit (who wants a box of broken pieces)

- Participants must have at least 10 positive transactions AND a recent transaction with a trusted forumite because some people fall off the wagon overtime (A recent situation comes to mind)

That's all I've got. Rules suck but are needed as the past has shown....

• Members

Add :

- Flat Rate Priority Box + MANDATORY Delivery Confirmation

- All items should be wrapped in at least a piece of newspaper so as to prevent items from getting destroyed in transit (who wants a box of broken pieces)

- Participants must have at least 10 positive transactions AND a recent transaction with a trusted forumite because some people fall off the wagon overtime (A recent situation comes to mind)

That's all I've got. Rules suck but are needed as the past has shown....

I'm in. And my most recent transaction is you, Aaron, so that works out.

• Members

I'd really like to be in this.

I have a couple things I could pitch in for start up I think.

Let me go check and get back to this thread.

EDIT: Yeah I definitely have a ton of stuff that fits in this category. I'm in for sure.

I'm all for a good clear set of rules though, it just makes it a ton easier on everyone

• Members

Alright. I'll start a new thread here in just a bit.

I'll add this to the official thread as well, but if you're interested in donating items to get us started... PM me now for my address so you can send in the starter wares.

Also, since we've decided not to be as inclusive as last time, once "the list" is compiled, I'll run it by a few of you for confirmation.

• Members

Alright. I'll start a new thread here in just a bit.

I'll add this to the official thread as well, but if you're interested in donating items to get us started... PM me now for my address so you can send in the starter wares.

Also, since we've decided not to be as inclusive as last time, once "the list" is compiled, I'll run it by a few of you for confirmation.

Hey, I'm going to be out for the rest of the day, I won't be back until tomorrow, so if you make the list, please include me if I meet the requirements for qualification. I don't want to miss out on this, it sounds like fun.

• Members

I'll start a thread and let people express interest...... and will probably keep that open for a week or so ... or however long it takes for the starter wares to be sent to me. So there's plenty of time to get "in."

Archived