Caleb of KOL smashes his 1972 ES-325 on stage

jhamnett

• Members

fail.

they are a great band.

Failed fail. They an overhyped group of rednecks who don't deserve the opportunity to even own, let alone destroy, an instrument of that cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for gear smashing. Just not when you, your roadies, or anyone associated with your band has a mullet. I'm sorry.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I hate when KOL threads come up here, I like them a lot, then all of you cool people {censored} all over them and I feel bad that I like them. You are all meanies! Red Rocks show is gonna be great, if they don't implode before it!

You don't need anyone to validate what you do or don't like. I quit giving a crap about that stuff about the time I left middle school, but some people aka the cool kids, never grow out of it. Like what you like and let others be damned. :cop:

• Members
You don't need anyone to validate what you do or don't like. I quit giving a crap about that stuff about the time I left middle school, but some people aka the cool kids, never grow out of it. Like what you like and let others be damned.
:cop:

thanks for the advice man, I'm in my 40's and like what I like and certainly don't look to HCFX cool kids to determine my taste in music! Hell, I've been playing in bands as longs as some of these guys have been alive.I had a pretty awesome gig tonight as a matter of fact! :thu: Rock on man!:wave:

• Members

I can't think of a something that I hate more than see guitar/bass/instruments smashed. I just can't get it! If the sound is horrible go punch the sound guys but leave that little guitar. I'd put people who breaks guitar straightly in prison! Oh and If you ever see me smash a guitar just kill me, one shot in the head!

• Members

Whoever came up with the EC/blackie comparison is right on. Anyone who follows KOL knows Caleb only played the ES-325. It was almost part of the band itself. Just to smash it due to sound problems is shortsighted.

this is very true, it hurts the band as a whole, pretty immature on his part, but creative types make mistakes like everyone else!

• Members

I could give two craps about him smashing a guitar.

I'm just glad I'm not the only guitar player to get all pissed off at soundguys who can't make a good mix to save their ass.

• Members

Failed fail. They an overhyped group of rednecks who don't deserve the opportunity to even own, let alone destroy, an instrument of that cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for gear smashing. Just not when you, your roadies, or anyone associated with your band has a mullet. I'm sorry.

they are only overhyped because lots of people like them. their latest album has some really great songs with epic parts. i mean, just listen to the first track on the album.

mullets dont disqualify someone from anything. amp-surgeon had an epic mullet for years then finally grew it out last year (or maybe the year before) and he is awesome. unless you have something against him as well.

failed fail averted. you dont have to like them, but you dont have to dis them cuz they are popular.

• Members

kind of agreeing with frankie here, and I'm sure he has some other sweet guitars, I just want to know the specs of a 325 and If I should be saving for that instead of a 335?

The trapeze tail, full hollow contruction and mini-buckers make it much more jangly and, well hollow sounding, than a 335. The 325 is definitely better suited to rhythm than lead in my book, it doesn't have the sustain of its better known brother, which suits me fine. I paid $1200 for mine and its worth every penny.

3251-2.jpg

• Members

According to the Rolling Stone article, Caleb and Nathan have nasty tempers. They even nicknamed Caleb the Rooster, when he's really drunk because he just gets ridiculous.

I bet he's sorry now.

yes. and he gets very violent. Him and Nathan fight hardcore when they get drunk

Also one of the last tracks on the new album. Caleb doesn't even remember recording it he was so {censored}ed the night that he sang it.

I've got all kinds of stories of the Kol.

• Members

ugh. come on man. listen to "Closer" from that album.

I must go with echo!Kol are a great band IMO and I must admit that their last album is one of the best I've heard in the last years!I really like them!

Archived