Caleb of KOL smashes his 1972 ES-325 on stage

jhamnett

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He obviously loves that guitar as much as any of us could; more so because he's written and played on it. Imagine the pang of regret when his temper cooled. I'm sure most of us have broken something in a fit of anger and almost immediately regretted it (fists count).

Oh, and KOL haven't been the same since the original drummer left (who was also a brother). He and the bassist played so tightly together. This new guy is a session hire I believe, and his style doesn't fit at all. Aha Shake Heartbreak was their last good album.

• Members
He obviously loves that guitar as much as any of us could; more so because he's written and played on it. Imagine the pang of regret when his temper cooled. I'm sure most of us have broken something in a fit of anger and almost immediately regretted it (fists count).

Oh, and KOL haven't been the same since the original drummer left (who was also a brother). He and the bassist played so tightly together. This new guy is a session hire I believe, and his style doesn't fit at all. Aha Shake Heartbreak was their last good album.

I just looked at the "personnel" for each record, and its the same lineup on every record. :confused:

• Members

what are you talking about? their original drummer still plays with them.

• Members

Well I'll be damned. I just went back to watch the SNL video of Use Somebody and it IS him. He just looks a lot leaner and sans glasses. Still, might as well be someone else. He had a baby and couldn't tour or something? I don't know where I got that. :confused:

• Members

1. i like KOL

2. i find it strange, and funny, that everyone is ignoring weems.

3. i can't believe that nacho hasn't been interviewed yet.

Yeah its cool. My earliest memory of Matthew was about.. God long time ago. I think i was in the 9th or 10th grade. He came over to russes house with some strat i think and an epiphone 10w solid state amp (he actually sold russ this amp. It's at his house.)

Nick, russ, and kevin (first version of my band) played with matthew and i just sat on the couch. It was when i first met all of these people. It was the only experience i've had personally with matthew. Long time ago. He probably doesn't know who i am. Thats cool though, it was a really long time ago and we were all young.

But my friend Chris, and their friend Ryan (wedding guy) all go to the shows in Tennesse, Louisiana and any where thats about that distance away.

matthew even flew Chris to the Madison square gardens show. :) i bet that was an awesome feeling.

• Members

I don't know where you got any of this information. But its all wrong.

They have been the same 4 piece since forever.

At first it was Caleb and Nathan. They were like a country act. thats what they did. They got Jared in and he didn't even know a damn thing about bass. For the first album he had less than 4 months of experience playing.

They got in contact with the guy that cowrote the first album and has been a producer for i think 3 of the others. He helped them get that "experience" in writing and he also had contacts. He got them hooked up with a music lawyer that had connections that got them their Record deal with RCA. I'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure RCA said they needed a 4th member and thats when they asked matthew. I remember hearing about him leaving to go join the band, everyone that knew him here was all " yeah matthew w/e your going to be a "rockstar" " (we all laughed about it.) and now he is a legit ass mother{censored}ing rock star.

And in short. 3 brothers, 1 cousin. Been playing together for a really long time. No studio musicians.

Archived