More pedals on board than you really use???

jkg

• Members

Do you have any pedal (s) on your board that you don't really use, or barely use???

I'm finding that I have three of 'em...Subdecay F-Bomb fuzz, Option 5 destination rotation (just on a couple of songs, and sometimes I don't turn it on), Voodoolab Microvibe.

• Members

I don't have enough pedals on my main board. It's not big enough to fit everything I want. Recently I downsized my rig, put all unused pedals on a noise board and what not. I tried to keep my main board useful but not out of control.

First it started with just a boost to an over drive to a delay and then noise suppressor, now it's Volume pedal > Booster > Wah > Distortion > OD > Muff > Phaser > analog delay > digital delay > Reverb > amp > noise suppressor in loop > cab. Ugh. I miss having my whammy and other phaser on the board. I also have two other delays that I kept off that I want to put on but I have literally no room :( I might just clear up the noise board and have a utilitarian two board set up :/ Bleh

• Members
Do you have any pedal (s) on your board that you don't really use, or barely use???

I'm finding that I have three of 'em...Subdecay F-Bomb fuzz, Option 5 destination rotation (just on a couple of songs, and sometimes I don't turn it on), Voodoolab Microvibe.

I have a fairly big board...everything gets used at some point or another...if not, it comes off the board. :o

• Members

I guess it depends on how you qualify what you "really use". I really use some reverb a lot, and some overdrive too, along with a fuzz or two. And I use delay quite often.

Less often but still useful is phase/vibe/vibrato and tremolo. And wah. I still use them, but I don't use them as often as the other group. But since I use them, I see no sense in taking them off.

• Members

Werd. I only have 6 pedals. I use them all.

I don't get the 10 dirt/fuzz variation mentality..............

I think a lot of the 10 dirt pedals on a board thing is people trying to figure out what kind of dirt sound they want.

• Members
I think a lot of the 10 dirt pedals on a board thing is people trying to figure out what kind of dirt sound they want.

So you just swap out the sucks with the new? Right? In the end it really has no practicality.

No offense, StephenB. :thu:

But the guys who maintain 6+ different ODs on their huge boards, "just for the variety". Redonkulous. It's rock and roll....you only need OD, fuzz and some other {censored}.

• Members

I can go w/ 7 max @ gig. There are the usual suspects then "guest" pedals when I feel bored or wanna throw in a whack guitar solo. Doing lots of improv on that so I feel more organic when I throw in guest pedals.

guitar->eq/gain->(*1)enveloppe filter+fuzz->(*2)ringmod/trem + ring mod ->
short delay+long delay->amp

*1 and *2 are in a 2 effects loop pedal, so that's where the magic happens really.

• Members
So you just swap out the sucks with the new? Right? In the end it really has no practicality.

No offense, StephenB.
:thu:

But the guys who maintain 6+ different ODs on their huge boards, "just for the variety". Redonkulous. It's rock and roll....you only need OD, fuzz and some other {censored}.

Don't forget boost too.

Back when I was rebuilding my pedal board in 07, I had something like 7 dirt boxes, just trying to figure out which one I liked the best. Problem was owning 3 amps at the time, some sounded good with one amp, others with others, ect. I didn't want to have to keep taking off and putting on.

Finally I've found dirt that plays well with everything and am back to a somewhat minimalistic board.

God damn I need to get better so I don't rely on pedals so much.

• Members
what ps3? That's on my other board..

(I got the pics messed up, sorry..below is my muse cover band pedalboard...Echobox will be replaced with a Digitech BSW..)

DSCN1888.jpg

yeah that's the board I would rock, minus the ps-3

Archived