OT: Official "If Football Vanished, My Life Would Go On Just Fine, Thank You" Thread

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. If hockey went away I would be crushed.

Glad i wasn't a big fan of hockey during the lockout.

Actually I stopped watching hockey because of the lockout. It just wasn't the same turning on CBUT on saturdays to watch "MOVIE NIGHT IN CANADA" with the hockey night crew....

That and Gary Bettman and the NHLPA have really {censored}ed the NHL in the last 10 years.

Oh and I absolutely hate football and love talking about how the seahawks are the best team in the whole god damn world, along with the motha f'in huskys!!!

• Members

I think that if you worked as hard as some of those guys do, in that competitive of a field, you might want to make a living too.

They get paid an awful lot for "making a living", sorry. Not that their work isn't grueling, but its {censored}ing ridiculous what athletes make. I'm more of a baseball fan, and even I don't try to justify the stupid amounts of money that those people make.

Add endorsement deals on the plate, and its even more bloated.

• Members

Of all the sports out there football and soccer are the only ones I'm really into. But still even if both of those vanished tomorrow, I don't think my life would really suffer. There's alot more out there in terms of entertainment than sports. I've never understood the people who obsess over teams like it was an important aspect of their life.

That said, speaking as a Chelsea fan, I still feel that FIFA officials should be beaten senseless for handing out that biased, bull{censored} transfer ban.

• Members

They get paid an awful lot for "making a living", sorry. Not that their work isn't grueling, but its {censored}ing ridiculous what athletes make. I'm more of a baseball fan, and even I don't try to justify the stupid amounts of money that those people make.

Add endorsement deals on the plate, and its even more bloated.

It isn't bloated at all. Unlike other endeavors, atheletes do things that other people are not capable of. I think that more people can be trained to be investment bankers or lawyers than can be trained to hit a 90 mph fastball or run a 4.45 40 while weighing 230 lbs. There is a large demand for elite atheletes but there is a very limited supply.

Not to mention the fact that major league sports are all huge businesses. ESPN, the owners, NFL itself make billions of dollars on these sports, why should atheletes not get their share? Especially considering they are the actual product.

• Members

Before opening the thread i thought for a minute that you were talking about what you call soccer and everyone else on the planet calls football.

As an outsider it always confused me that americans would call a game that primarily uses hands football.

Anyways, yes i belong in here as i can't stand football (soccer), it bores me senseless. A bunch of overpaid nancys in shorts kicking a bag of air around a field.
And if there's one thing i find even more skull crushingly tedious than the sport itself it's the fans and commentators, i'd rather listen to a whole Coldplay album than listen to one minute's conversation about football.

• Members

I don't think I could care less about any sport played with a ball.

I like to watch boxing/kickboxing sometimes.

It is amazing how much money these pro athletes make. If the owners can afford to pay them that kind of salary just think about how much they must make.

• Members

I don't think I could care less about any sport played with a ball.

I like to watch boxing/kickboxing sometimes.

It is amazing how much money these pro athletes make. If the owners can afford to pay them that kind of salary just think about how much
they
must make.

They can afford it because of the money they make from ticket sales, merchandise, food, etc. If the teams weren't making that much money they wouldn't be paying athletes that much.

• Members

don't really care about NFL/CFL, but I'd love to go see some games again. Been to see the argos play a few times.

I'm obsessed with soccer though. I play on a few teams and watch at least a few english premiership games a week. Love talking about it too, and don't feel the need to defend myself from my artsy friends who are "sooooo above all that macho bull{censored}".

that said.. I didn't grow up around college football, or somewhere where they take football football really seriously. If I had, I'd probably hate it as much as some of you guys.

oh.. and onxyrhino: Aguero's all ours now!!!! HAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAAA :D;):poke:

Archived