70's Traynor Studio Mate?

echodeluxe

• Members

I'd hit it. Traynor amps are great. I think the allure of a 4X8 might make me want to check it out just to see what it's like. Traynor was all that "back in the day" as they say. I used a Traynor bass amp (with guitar, no effects) back when I was gigging and I wish I had it back. That thing was awesome.

• Members

I wouldn't want to buy from that guy just because of the search tag line he put at the bottom of his ad. What an asshat.

Hehe, yeah, I thought the same. My spelling is bad and my grammar is worse, but damn.

• Members

Its the same as the YGM-3 only with 4-8" speakers.

I have a YGM-3 & it rules,but I had a few things done to get it there.

1st the speaker sucked but it had a eminence replacement already in it so all good.So if you need speaker anyway it wouldn't be hard/expensive to make a 12" baffle.

I had the vol ,reverb,& trem speed pots changed to have a wider sweep.They were too abrupt from 1-3.

My tech pulled the bright cap and added some brightness back in the circuit were it belongs.(mine didn't have the bright switch)

My amps speaker was plugged in a RCA jack:confused: and had separate 1/4 jacks for the rev.& trem so had the rev.& trem wired to a stereo jack (using a fender switch) and used the left over 1/4 for the speaker.

Had it recapped while he was in there,grounded plug added & presto.

I got about $575 into mine couldn't be happier.

Offer em $350

• Members

apparently i started something. Sorry everyone.

royal c is like that one guy at the frat house, when dudes start taking of their shirts and everyones drunk and starts cheering. Then royal comes along and goes too far and rips his pants off
:facepalm:
poor boy. Too much capt. and coke.

883a7-clap.gif

^^ best gif ever.

• Members

I'd hit it. Traynor amps are great. I think the allure of a 4X8 might make me want to check it out just to see what it's like. Traynor was all that "back in the day" as they say. I used a Traynor bass amp (with guitar, no effects) back when I was gigging and I wish I had it back. That thing was awesome.

Yep, I'm using one now (looks identical to the one below). A "Bass Mate" with 2 el84s, 2 12ax7s and a 15" Weber speaker. Glorious when cranked.

yba2b.jpg

• Members

eh, its a low wattage amp.

if i had money to throw around, maybe.

but i dunno. i want something a little more powerful to run with my blues jr.

This will blow your Blues Jr. out of the water in terms of volume and tone. There is a speaker out on it so you can run into a cab easily if you need more volume. I have the Guitar Mate which is the same amp with different tone section on a single 12 and it is a beautiful sounding amp and loud loud loud. The hardware is vastly superior to the Blues Junior especially those big ole Hammond trannys.

Traynor are making a reissue of the guitar mates and charging over 1200 here in Canada for them.

Archived