Anyone ever get a band you really like come and watch your band play?

Kid_A

• Members

We played a show in Belgium together with Beneath The Massacre, Cryptopsy and some other acts!

I can remember a slim guy with a beanie that enjoyed our full set and afterwards I realised that this was the Guitar player from Beneath The Massacre! Freaking cool cause I dig this band a lot!

Walls Of Jericho also watched our full set and also Devil Sold His Soul enjoyed our music a lot when we played the EU tour back in December

• Members

i once had a guitarist from the classic NY hardcore band crumbsuckers watch my band practice at a studio, then tell his recording engineer that my tone was the one he wanted on his new one. i was running a boss digital metalizer into a GK bass head (yup, 400 watts), into 2 4X12s, using a rack eq too. lots o' crunch and power, with great feedback when i wanted it.

small deal for you, BIG deal for me, chuck was a FANTASTIC player :love:

• Members
Behemoth, and 3 Inches Of Blood randomly were at a bar my old band played in Eugene, OR a few years back. I believe it was an Ozzfest off-date. But the dudes in 3IOB were rad and got my band SUPER drunk afterwords.

Aw hell yeah. 3IOB are the most awesome bunch of awesome dudes ever. They play in my town every year on my birthday :thu:

• Members

yes and no... i played with a band called "lewis" one time... i was psyched they were there to watch us... but at the same gig the singer from buck cherry was there... irony in that is, they were playing a bigger venue around the corner from us, and my brother was at that show!

• Members

I've played shows with bands I really like.

(in no particular order)

Bernard

Confused Little Girl

Big Bang Radio

Junkierush

20wt

but have any of them gone out of their way to come to a show I was playing? Only the guys in 20wt. They schlepped down from Jax to come see us at the House of Blues last time.

• Members
The Cooper Temple Clause are/were an amazing band. A friend of mine is friends with Tom and always trying to get him to my band's shows...seems you beat us to it!

He is drumming for White Belt Yellow Tag now... they all came down... and yes the Coopers were mind blowingly good :(

• Members

I was in a band back in the 70's called "Athens Gold" in Athens, GA. This was pre-REM days when the local heros were Sea Level, a band led by Chuck Leavell who is now band leader for The Rolling Stones. Chuck and Randall Bramblett came in to catch my band one night. Randall is now touring with Steve Winwood. We were doing a Bramblett song that he never recorded. I learned it from a radio station tape from a show at The Last Resort in Athens. Randall came up to compliment me and explain some of the words that i couldn't quite make out. Both nice guys and monster musicians!

• Members

Roy, the bass player from Mute Math watched my band's whole set in Nashville and hung out with us afterward. We were all pretty stunned when we found out who he was, but he was a very cool and nice fellow.

Weve played with a few big bands that watched our sets too. Flyleaf loved us, the gin blossoms liked us (and had really good weed) and blue october were extremely nice people. Heart was cool and had some of the best catering Ive had in my life. And love my hometown boys 10 years.

Archived